What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some hb courtesy of @fourfarthing Stray Paddingting Brett IPA. I love the complexity of the hops and Brett strain. So much fruit character and just a touch of funk to add that depth. Very well done
6E71D90F-9351-4E68-9DE3-3249D64D94CD.jpeg

Thank you for this delish beer. Great combo here!View attachment 657446

I’m glad you like it. That was the problem child you helped me with. It isn’t the Guinness clone I was hoping for but still very drinkable IMO. How’s the carbonation? I serve on nitro and just bottle conditioned those for you.
The name Shielbaggan is the name of the village in County Wexford, Ireland where my great-great grandfather was raised.

Little light on carb but didn't take away. Love the story about the name. Showing off your labels/caps to the family. Enjoying the Dunkel with some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Could you share this recipe with me?
I’m glad you like it. That was the problem child you helped me with. It isn’t the Guinness clone I was hoping for but still very drinkable IMO. How’s the carbonation? I serve on nitro and just bottle conditioned those for you.
The name Shielbaggan is the name of the village in County Wexford, Ireland where my great-great grandfather was raised.
IMG_20191217_202117.jpeg

Enjoying the Dunkel with some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Could you share this recipe with me?

Glad you’re enjoying them. I really liked that Dunkel too. It was an experimental 3 gallon batch I created after doing a bunch of research. You’ll have to scale it up. If you think it’s worthy, maybe I should post it in the recipe section.
MUNICH DUNKEL
Type: All Grain BIAB
Batch size: 3.4 gal
Boil time: 60 min
Estimated OG: 1.053
Estimated FG: 1.013
IBU: 25.4
Color: 15.5 SRM
Estimated ABV: 5.3%

5 lbs 4 oz Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) 77%
1 lbs 4 oz Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (2.0 SRM) 18.3%
2.5 oz Carafa I (337.0 SRM) 2.3%