What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After work beer and a big box waiting by the door for me. @camonick...[emoji1]
IMG_20191216_194138.jpeg

Everyday is a challenge at the brewery. 90 gallons of mostly flat Dry Irish Stout. Tastes good though. Owner Hooked up glycol backwards on Brite. Was hitting temps in the 50’s while trying to carb. Fixed it today while force carbing the 6 half kegs.
IMG_4536.JPG

Now at home!
IMG_4538.JPG

Amarillo/ Simcoe IPA moving to bright tomorrow.

I brewed this beer with no oats, wheat, or flaked barley(used pils, honey malt, and carapils), then hopped it like a NE. I used half the hops i often use when i make a juice bomb, and the flavor is outstanding. Cascade and azzaca for full on orange with touches of grapefruit and guava. Really happy with this exbeerment.
20191216_205120~2.jpeg

I brewed this beer with no oats, wheat, or flaked barley(used pils, honey malt, and carapils), then hopped it like a NE. I used half the hops i often use when i make a juice bomb, and the flavor is outstanding. Cascade and azzaca for full on orange with touches of grapefruit and guava. Really happy with this exbeerment. View attachment 657283
Less can be more, sometimes.

Ummmmmmmm so how about that glass...spent my childhood growing up in WV. Where does one get that?

Thats cool! The glass was part of a 4 pack of custom pint glasses gifted to me a few years ago. Not sure where it was purchased.

What part of WV did you spend your childhood? I spent close to 28 years in the Huntington area.

To stay on topic, 3 Floyds Zombie Dust.

IMG_4019.jpg

View attachment 657154
This variant of KBS has finally hit the shelves her in Western NY so I grabbed a 4-pack. Tossed one in the fridge and the other three in the basement.
Later in the day we came home from a family Christmas party and found a small box on the front step. To my surprise it says it was from Founders Brewing Company. In the box this glass and sticker! Didn’t order it and don’t recall entering any drawings or contests. So it was a nice little surprise!

How was that variant? I saw it in the store Sunday.

I brewed this beer with no oats, wheat, or flaked barley(used pils, honey malt, and carapils), then hopped it like a NE. I used half the hops i often use when i make a juice bomb, and the flavor is outstanding. Cascade and azzaca for full on orange with touches of grapefruit and guava. Really happy with this exbeerment. View attachment 657283
Did one with 1056 and still hit the mark, probably one of my better

One of my favs, would love to see your closest recipe

6 1/2 lbs white wheat
5 1/2 lbs Pilsner
12 oz Munich
Mash @150
1 oz Saaz @60
1/2 oz Saaz @20
1/2 oz Saaz @5
Ferment with WB-06 @62-63°

Mine is a bit lighter in color but the flavor is right there with the Franziskaner.

Thats cool! The glass was part of a 4 pack of custom pint glasses gifted to me a few years ago. Not sure where it was purchased.

What part of WV did you spend your childhood? I spent close to 28 years in the Huntington area.

To stay on topic, 3 Floyds Zombie Dust.

View attachment 657298

Eastern Pan.

6 1/2 lbs white wheat
5 1/2 lbs Pilsner
12 oz Munich
Mash @150
1 oz Saaz @60
1/2 oz Saaz @20
1/2 oz Saaz @5
Ferment with WB-06 @62-63°

Mine is a bit lighter in color but the flavor is right there with the Franziskaner.
Thank you for sharing!

Good thing the Germans didn't see you pour that in that glass lol! One of the better Hefeweizens

Well, I’m something of an iconoclast when it comes to glassware. I figure i’ve got my hands full with trying to make good beer. I’ll let others worry about that part of the hobby. :D

Continuing my Clandestina kick with a Ley Seca ("Dry Law"...a nod to unjust laws like Prohibition in the USA).

Listed as a Pale Ale, but has a medium body and rich flavor that might bump it out of the session beer category for many folks. Another good beer.
View attachment 657376

Back