What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ballin'. Mott the Lessor Fall 2019
IMG_20191026_164928.jpeg

Very few things I enjoy about winter/cold weather in Michigan..or anywhere else..Thanksgiving, Christmas, football and....Winter Ale!!!!!! Yippy!! View attachment 649917

Cold weather? I remember that from Minnesota as a child. 85° in Tucson today, but I'm still prepping a spiced RIS for Christmas! Just transferred to a bourbon cask this morning.

Cold weather? I remember that from Minnesota as a child. 85° in Tucson today, but I'm still prepping a spiced RIS for Christmas! Just transferred to a bourbon cask this morning.
I hear you. Tryi g to get the wife to move back to Texas! Most of my life in warm weather in the Army..4 years Hawaii, 5 years Florida, 15 years San Antonio Texas, 4 years Houston, 4 years Ft.Hood Texas. Why I love winter ale..warms the old bones up!

Very few things I enjoy about winter/cold weather in Michigan..or anywhere else..Thanksgiving, Christmas, football and....Winter Ale!!!!!! Yippy!! View attachment 649917
Nice little tele..seen any meteors lately?

Wife requested I pace myself. Ok. Keeping with the 9+ABV theme. HB BA Quad.
IMG_20191026_165741.jpeg

Cool! I don’t think they made this in my Penn State days. It was Lager or a Stout I think, but mostly the Lager. Are they branching out to more styles? Or has this always been around?

It’s always been around. Lager and Black and Tan get all the publicity. When we’re you at PSU? I graduated in 98 and either drank lager of Milwaukee’s Best Ice. I believe the beast was $7.49 a case and 5.9% back then.

It’s always been around. Lager and Black and Tan get all the publicity. When we’re you at PSU? I graduated in 98 and either drank lager of Milwaukee’s Best Ice. I believe the beast was $7.49 a case and 5.9% back then.

I was a grad student from 2000-2002. Had many a Lager during my time there. I was from Ohio so had never had it before. One of my friends at a bar said “just order a lager, you’ll like it”. Right he was. That and Michelob Amber Bock (which the Sports Cafe on College Ave had for $2 for 24 ounce draft) were my go tos.

Cheap coconut rum. Time to see what football games are on this evening. And time to get brewing again. Too many projects and summer is rough for brewing with propane here in FL. Looking into electric, but having trouble deciding on what route to take. Biab, converting my current 3 tier gravity system, something else?, 120v or 240v????

Back