What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a good portion done. There is a round of sanding tomorrow which will hopefully yield only touch ups and I can start painting the new walls. Flooring and then trim work will wrap it up. The good thing is that my budget is in check with DIY. I just need to drink to get through. Now I see why @PianoMan pounds beers during his projects. [emoji23]

Mine is New England unfinished with a desire to be a brewery. I will need to manage old house, wife and budget all at once. I will probably start drinking I guess.

Weizen Rauchbier..... As I play with with my HLT. Just got the 2nd pump kit today.
IMG_20191024_202100.jpeg
IMG_20191024_202104.jpeg

Aurelios?!? I used to live down the street from the original location in Homewood, IL. Miss that pizza!
Hey a fellow aficionado!! When my dad was in Vietnam, my grandmother would ship him par-baked Aurelio's pizzas on ice as "life support". Aurelio's sausage pizza was my first solid food and IMHO, Aurelio's has the best pizza in Chicago; thin and crispy crust, sweet tomato sauce, loads of cheese and cut into party squares. None of that deep-dish stuffed pie nonsense foisted on unwitting tourists. We try to eat there at least once a month, the Addison location is #1 in my book!!

If you know Two Brothers brewing, they brew a malty amber ale you can only get at Aurelio's called "Batch 59" which pairs amazingly well with Aurelio's signature sweet, herbal sauce.

Last edited:
Steel Rail Extra Pale Ale (unfiltered) - my type of pale ale. In short, it wasn't a de-tuned IPA which I feel a lot of these newer breweries are doing with PAs. In other words, solid PA.

BBC! Grew up in western mass and berkshire brewing company started when I was maybe a senior in high school (1994). I don't think they've gotten caught up in new(er) beer crazes as they've always been doing their own thing and produce solid beers. My favs were the steel rail and the draymans porter! Great to see them on this thread.

painting the doors after installing is bold!

Nah, these have been here since the 70’s or 80’s. The separation wall in the basement was done by one of the previous owners with wood panel and the louvre door. I’m just refinishing that’s portion to save time and money. The other portion of this 350 sq ft section has new walls and insulation.

Here is a shot from the last home owner when they were selling.

IMG_0003.JPG

I’m further than this but here is the latest photo that I have.

IMG_0140.JPG

View attachment 649615
Making pizza dough for pies tomorrow nice.
Thanks @TheEagleRising for this beer! A nice bitter and balanced IPA. I’m digging it and need to try to visit Ardent next time I’m in RVA. I always hit The Veil and The Answer.

Ardent's beer garden is the best outdoor spot in Scotts' Addition, and the beers are pretty good too!

If your asking me because I’m drinking Pompeii I honestly have no idea. I’m in PA and it just started being distributed here so I pay whatever my distributor is asking and honestly I’m not sure what it costs. I just grab stuff and pay whatever the total is.

Now I will say in PA it’s cheaper to buy directly at the brewery. There is a markup at other stores because they have to make a profit. Also I’d think you’d get fresher beer right at the brewery.

@LoneTreeFarms can probably help you out. I think he’s close to the brewery.

sorry been on a bit of a hiatus from the web this week. childrens conferences. TG will be a bit pricier at the brewery though fresher. but when they're there have them goto Pulpit rock, better brews, but $$$. @Abrayton

BBC! Grew up in western mass and berkshire brewing company started when I was maybe a senior in high school (1994). I don't think they've gotten caught up in new(er) beer crazes as they've always been doing their own thing and produce solid beers. My favs were the steel rail and the draymans porter! Great to see them on this thread.

And just like that I'm back home, washing clothes, packing bags, and out tomorrow night to Seattle for a few days. No car, so we'll see what's within walking distance up there :)

Natural, wild fermented hard cider from my apples. I juiced them, put it in a jar, left it on the counter for a few days, and popped in the fridge last night when I got back home. Nice, sweet and very lightly carbonated (Co2 kind of escaped).

Glass from a colleague who picked it up in Trinidad and Tobago.
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191025150119783_COVER.jpg

Back