What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
702BFE28-5609-44F2-BD3B-F59A3C7D1254.jpeg

@pshankstar the one I’ve been dying to try. At 15% you cant tell a bit View attachment 649554

Glad you’re digging it! They are not cheap ($8/can) but Aslin’s stouts are some of the best I’ve had. Always smooth and no alcoholic burn at 15%. I always try to get a can if they’re not sold out and I’m always glad I do. Cheers bud!

FYI - The can of New Beer Idea #1 is still green IMHO. Give it a good week or two before cracking it open. It wasn’t this green when I tried it on draft last week so I was a bit surprised.

My parents will be in Decorah tomorrow and have committed to getting me some TG that I can’t get here. Variety and $ wise, are they better off buying at the brewery or a store shelf?

My parents will be in Decorah tomorrow and have committed to getting me some TG that I can’t get here. Variety and $ wise, are they better off buying at the brewery or a store shelf?

If your asking me because I’m drinking Pompeii I honestly have no idea. I’m in PA and it just started being distributed here so I pay whatever my distributor is asking and honestly I’m not sure what it costs. I just grab stuff and pay whatever the total is.

Now I will say in PA it’s cheaper to buy directly at the brewery. There is a markup at other stores because they have to make a profit. Also I’d think you’d get fresher beer right at the brewery.

@LoneTreeFarms can probably help you out. I think he’s close to the brewery.

If your asking me because I’m drinking Pompeii I honestly have no idea. I’m in PA and it just started being distributed here so I pay whatever my distributor is asking and honestly I’m not sure what it costs. I just grab stuff and pay whatever the total is.

Now I will say in PA it’s cheaper to buy directly at the brewery. There is a markup at other stores because they have to make a profit. Also I’d think you’d get fresher beer right at the brewery.

@LoneTreeFarms can probably help you out. I think he’s close to the brewery.
no I just know there are a few locals on here

For what it's worth, I visited the brewery in early July, and picked up a bunch of Pompeii. On closer inspection I was surprised to learn it was already a couple months old.

Mine is coming

I have a good portion done. There is a round of sanding tomorrow which will hopefully yield only touch ups and I can start painting the new walls. Flooring and then trim work will wrap it up. The good thing is that my budget is in check with DIY. I just need to drink to get through. Now I see why @PianoMan pounds beers during his projects. [emoji23]

Back