What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I'm an ABV guy. I just have to know.

It was 9.05%. This is 9%.

8E90157F-CFDE-46CE-A340-888BA081E998.jpeg

Sunday River Brewing Co. Viper IPA.

And no Sunday River beer post is complete without an Old Thumper reference.

Bahka bah......”what ya drinkin? Thumpha?”
Me.....”thanks Steve”.

It’s a winter ritual that I look forward to every year

I just reserved my mug for next season and can’t wait for the cold temps and snow

IMG_6154.JPG

I won't say who at Masstoberfedt had their own scotch from a failed smoked malt beer but all he used was a blow torch on some oak and soaked it. He got the timing right. It tasted a little green but better than most sub $50 scotches. I'd say try the same with a smoked malt should get u a good flavor.
Sounds good. I don't usually used smoked malt in my Scotch/Scottish ales or even wood chips for that matter. I just had the "bright" idea that authentic scotch barrel should make it taste awesome like bourbon barrel. Well..aint terrible but ain't great either. Chalk it up to an experiment that didn't pass muster.

Sounds good. I don't usually used smoked malt in my Scotch/Scottish ales or even wood chips for that matter. I just had the "bright" idea that authentic scotch barrel should make it taste awesome like bourbon barrel. Well..aint terrible but ain't great either. Chalk it up to an experiment that didn't pass muster.
I was impressed with the scotch but I think it's all about timing if you're trying to rush the flavor. Sampling helps [emoji14]

Trying some of my.6 month old RIS with cacao, lactose, and vanilla beans. 11.5% coming along well. Thinking about added some toasted macaroon coffee View attachment 648741
Sweet Jesus..you'll want to pass out from the 11.5% but the macaroon coffee will keep you going like a zombie! Kinda like high school daze puffing whacky weed and popping uppers at keggers to keep going...nice!![emoji23]

Whoa! Darn good lookin' brew hombre!
Thanks! This generation of HBs were the best I've done. Quad, Cherry Quad, BA Quad and BA RIS along with a tasty Hazy IPA. If this never ending deck gets done be back in the brew pub, hopefully next week, to begin again.

Coffee..to start another day of the forementioned.

There is a brewery in wisconsin called Furthermore that makes a black pepper pale ale called Knot Stock. Its a beer i seek out every time im home.
Throwing some darts with the game on i the background for the first time in the room my wife and I built above our garage.

I taste zero peppercorns in this beer.

If you like pepper beer. Cambridge Brewing Company’s Sgt. Pepper is the benchmark

View attachment 648713

My Belgian Tripel, on its seventh day in the bottle and weighing in at 13.8% ABV. It's easily the lightest color (about 6 SRM) I've made. 3# table sugar, 8# DME in total with 5# at zero minutes. It's pretty dry which I expected once I saw the 1.004 FG and reminiscent of the Belgian Westmalle. I used two, MJ M-41 which seems to leave the beer cloudier early on than T-58 but ferments like mad. Very happy with it. I like La Fin Du Monde and Dragonsmead Final Absolution.
View attachment 648691
Putting in a new storm door. Got the entire old door removed plus put in a new door threshold. Only two trips to the hardware store--a new record.

So what did you use for hops? Saaz?

Latest posts

Back