What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Saison.
IMG_6139.JPG

"ThirstyPaws HomeBrew"
Hilarious and great name. Dog lover here. Had to Google "Untappd" but now I know. This forum and HBF in the UK are my social medias...my only soical medias.
We have four cats--one was an accident. Long story. BTW, we're still legal as Detroit has a statute/law/ordinance that up to four cats is legal. How about that?

Yup! I'm getting bombed but no cyclone. Was coming down pretty good. I guess a good test that the huge trees around my house won't come down. Ripped a 2x4 fence the previous owners had right out of the ground. I have an oak that was pelting my skylights with acorns all night. I thought those were going to get broken. Smells like Xmas out there with all the pine :) lots of road work going on with down lines but from what I see nothing too bad
We got about and 1.5 inches of rain today which is fine. I’d rather have nor’easter now with rain instead of when it’s 2 ft+ of snow lol

We got about and 1.5 inches of rain today which is fine. I’d rather have nor’easter now with rain instead of when it’s 2 ft+ of snow lol
Haven't watched the news but the Cape got 80mph winds. We got over 3" of rain. I had a couple of trees come down in the last year and still thinking about paying someone to cut more down. I should be all set because I bought a generator after loosing power for a week in Feb the last two years. I'm expecting no snow and temps in the 80's this winter:)

Last edited:
Hilarious and great name. Dog lover here. Had to Google "Untappd" but now I know. This forum and HBF in the UK are my social medias...my only soical medias.
We have four cats--one was an accident. Long story. BTW, we're still legal as Detroit has a statute/law/ordinance that up to four cats is legal. How about that?
There's a legal limit for cats? We had 5 dogs and 9 cats (kittens) at one time about 18yrs ago. 2 pit mixes. 2 Chocolate Labs but have a ressive gene that makes them silver. The male is about 100lbs and female about 80. They're turds are about 12in in diameter! Ha!

Wasn't gonna brave Boston No li es at Canton.

Faaaahk x2 Trillium x Bissell Luxurious Tiles collabView attachment 648709

Duuuuude. My work is a 5 minute walk to the new landmark taproom. I’m planning on waiting out the lines there until January. They are selling cans there and no lines. But once they start pouring beer, that lawn at the landmark is going to be a **** show

KC Chiefs and HB Scotch barrel Scottish ale 90/- 6.8% bottled 2018, cold conditioning for 18 months. Won't use Scotch wood chips again, kind of a weird taste, not terrible but unusual. View attachment 648711
I won't say who at Masstoberfedt had their own scotch from a failed smoked malt beer but all he used was a blow torch on some oak and soaked it. He got the timing right. It tasted a little green but better than most sub $50 scotches. I'd say try the same with a smoked malt should get u a good flavor.

IMG_7400.JPG

Enjoyed a couple of beers with an old college friend who I haven’t seen in eight years or so. Moved from NY to San Antonio TX and now in Northern VA. Since I’m down this way for work we had to catch up and it was a blast!
Now back to the hotel room so the MNF game and this gem.
Ugh gotta pack the bag for the return flight home tomorrow after work is the worst. That can wait till the morning.
IMG_7403.JPG

View attachment 648714
Enjoyed a couple of beers with an old college friend who I haven’t seen in eight years or so. Moved from NY to San Antonio TX and now in Northern VA. Since I’m down this way for work we had to catch up and it was a blast!
Now back to the hotel room so the MNF game and this gem.
Ugh gotta pack the bag for the return flight home tomorrow after work is the worst. That can wait till the morning.
View attachment 648716

Must have had a real blast because I believe it’s Thursday night football! :tank:

Must have had a real blast because I believe it’s Thursday night football! :tank:

Wait it’s Thursday??? Woohoo!!!
I’m more exhausted than anything else. At least I’m not watching replays on the NFL network saying I’m watching MNF on Thursday. LOL
I should try to go to bed but it’s too early.

There's a legal limit for cats? We had 5 dogs and 9 cats (kittens) at one time
In Detroit there is a legal limit. I could copy and paste the applicable info but who cares? There are rules/laws/ordinances on the books that no city could possibly enforce.
Our limitations are based on how well can we care for X number of animals. Ours just happens to be four which falls within the legal limit. Stuart, Crunch, Dashel and Hogarth if anyone is interested in who I'm talking about.
Crunch 01.JPG

That's Crunch.

Latest posts

Back