What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DBC355BE-A4F9-4C10-92F8-0AB4AA581147.jpeg
Pizza Boy Rye Fawkes-Rye NEIPA

God bless you. We are due with our first late feb. Trying to prepare myself for the lifestyle change lol
You'll do great! My wife was in school (college, after getting her bachelor's degree) when we had our first. She was taking summer classes aaannndddd that didn't even give her two weeks off.
That was stressful. The other two have been simple, I'm sure my wife disagrees, but I'm not the one birthing them!
Sounds like a great hunt, will raise a glass to you and ole eagle eye @brandtrepair for a successful season.
Thanks!

Finishing my bcbs from last night after a few ipas from @jschm19
Snapchat-793372528.jpeg

God bless you. We are due with our first late feb. Trying to prepare myself for the lifestyle change lol
Having 4 kids (2 step) and 5 grandkids I can say for sure that success with kids is never adulting up. Let the mom do that! [emoji16] Enjoy what they enjoy and simply be the best PERSON you can be. That'll make you a great dad. Took me a while and a couple generations to figure that out.

BTW, Monkish is floccing awesome! Tryout the Fellowship of the Drink trade threads. Next one in early January right @TBC?

HB NEIPA. Smell test with others detect apricot/mango. Think it got oxidized a bit tho when the port got clogged and had to be opened.

20181217_203239_Burst01.jpeg

Having 4 kids (2 step) and 5 grandkids I can say for sure that success with kids is never adulting up. Let the mom do that! [emoji16] Enjoy what they enjoy and simply be the best PERSON you can be. That'll make you a great dad. Took me a while and a couple generations to figure that out.

BTW, Monkish is floccing awesome! Tryout the Fellowship of the Drink trade threads. Next one in early January right @TBC?

HB NEIPA. Smell test with others detect apricot/mango. Think it got oxidized a bit tho when the port got clogged and had to be opened.

View attachment 602996
Thanks brother. I appreciate the advice. Just saw your second post. For a second I was about to say “dear lord, that’s more than a little oxidized if it’s suppossed to be an NE” lol. But it’s def in the color rage. You’ve seen my NE’s before, I always go for a more orange tint than a yellow.

Thanks brother. I appreciate the advice. Just saw your second post. For a second I was about to say “dear lord, that’s more than a little oxidized if it’s suppossed to be an NE” lol. But it’s def in the color rage. You’ve seen my NE’s before, I always go for a more orange tint than a yellow.
I read every word you post on the Northeast Style thread. Planning DDH with zero oxygen transfer from Fermentasaurous to dry hop keg, cold crash then transfer to serving keg. Looking at Omega Connan with 1/2 a 05 packet to help clean up. This style is killing me!

View attachment 602970View attachment 602969
View attachment 602971

A couple of beers from @jerbrew and the FoTD XV round. A Sour DIPA with Pho Ga (first time making it).
Now onto an IPA while I was for the strike water to heat. Making a “Resilience IPA” (AHA recipe) but with the ingredients I have on hand. Spur of the moment 3 gallon batch at 8:30pm. Am I crazy? Haha
We (@brandtrepair) made that beer and forgot to drain the keg completely before racking the beer in, so it got mixed with s certain, unknown, amount of water.
Now we call it Anti-Resilience IPA.
Sounded good with our F up.

Now we call it Anti-Resilience IPA.
Sounded good with our F up.

Wish I'd make the same beer twice just to have real names. "Bums Ten Fidy Clone (10-17)" just isn't very sexy. [emoji16]

Edit..holy ****...an offensive play!!
edit edit..2 action plays in a row. Awake again.

Last edited:
If I can get by the LHBS to grab a little crystal that may be what I make this weekend. I have plenty of everything else. No chance I'm trying to do it at 8:30 on a work night though. Good luck!

Yeah I’m a bit crazy! I had the itch to brew since I haven’t brewed since 10/19. Thankfully working from home has some perks and I don’t need a lot of sleep most of the time. [emoji1417]

I read every word you post on the Northeast Style thread. Planning DDH with zero oxygen transfer from Fermentasaurous to dry hop keg, cold crash then transfer to serving keg. Looking at Omega Connan with 1/2 a 05 packet to help clean up. This style is killing me!

Thanks man. A lot of brewers think it’s a easy style to accomplish. but there is so much that goes into truly exemplifying the style such as grain bill, water chemistry, mash temps, hoping schedules, times, and temps, pitch rates and fermentation temp, proper transfers, co2 level. I know a lot of styles are that way but many think NEIPA, hop the **** out of it late and make it hazy.. but there is just so much more to it. Your certainly on your way man. Make every note possible on your process and your impressions of your final product. Most people want people to tell them how much they like their beer when they have them try it. But reverse that mentality. Have people truly look for what’s not good enough or what could be better and take notes and make your adjustment for your next run. You can always pm me.

Yeah I’m a bit crazy! I had the itch to brew since I haven’t brewed since 10/19. Thankfully working from home has some perks and I don’t need a lot of sleep most of the time. [emoji1417]
I get up at 5:00 every morning for kid and dog reasons and it's close to an hour to get to work. In my 20's I could probably pull it off. 40's is a bit different unfortunately

Watching this s#it show of a Monday night game when I needed an offensive game reminds me of why I hate fantasy football. And cam newton. My kicker scored more than him by kicking two field goals. WTF.

I’m in a Monday night football box pool. Can you believe I have the reverse. Now I’m praying for a panther field goal and Td in OT

I get up at 5:00 every morning for kid and dog reasons and it's close to an hour to get to work. In my 20's I could probably pull it off. 40's is a bit different unfortunately

I feel ya, I’m almost 40 and I can’t stay up as late as I use to. Tonight will be a no chill batch too. Tomorrow morning it can go in the fermenter and I’ll clean the kettle later in the morning after it soaks for a bit.

I don’t miss a daily commute, but I get pay back once a month dealing with DC traffic.

View attachment 602996

Yes @PianoMan I will post it up either this weekend or over Xmas break.

Costa Rican coffee from @pshankstar's roasters (smooth, light, tasty) in my Denny's mug. It's been in the family for a while. My Mom worked at the Denny's when I was a kid, took 2 mugs for whatever reason, and I ended up running that Denny's and their other one for a few years when I was in my late teens. I stole them from her when I was visiting a while back, told them they're our family heirlooms, lol. The faces don't change as much anymore though.
IMG_20181218_123527.jpg

Back