What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6775.JPG

Drinking HB American Stout barrel aged in oak with rum.
Will have to continue drinking this good stuff tomorrow. Cheers!

Cider tasting: Trader Joe's spiced cider, house apples with cider yeast, and house apples with no yeast. I juiced the house apples so yeast buggies were on skin.

The house apples without yeast came out damn clear, bubbly with very little apple flavor. Great for day drinking at like 6%! Win! But it lost out to the house cider with cider yeast...somehow the cider yeast maintained MORE apple flavor than no yeast at all, also cloudier.

Mind blown!!!!
View attachment 600005

Oh, I also made pizza. And yes that my friends is spam :)
View attachment 600007
View attachment 600006

Mmmmm, spam … :yes:

So good! I've had it from 1994! :)
So mine was 14 years old. Yours? If you had it recently then...whatever the math is. I knew ZERO about it prior. Find out it's good for up to 15 or 25 years it gets better?
Easily the oldest beer I drank by about 12 years!
I can't really give it justice but there were what I perceived to be chocolate notes and the smoothness was ridiculous.
Edit: Here's how cool my wife is: she heard me fawning and gushing about it and started to see where it could be purchased. There are some places in Michigan, I believe. I'll have to check.

I had the 94 a few years back so maybe it was around 18 years. I also had a 92 only a few years back that was about 22 at the time

Edit: Beer has changed a few times and totally different brewers and brewery are making it these days. I've never seen it on the shelf but what I had I know was purchased in the Northern Metro suburbs there. I believe @TheDudeLebowski found some of this years out East

I had the 94 a few years back so maybe it was around 18 years. I also had a 92 only a few years back that was about 22 at the time

Edit: Beer has changed a few times and totally different brewers and brewery are making it these days. I've never seen it on the shelf but what I had I know was purchased in the Northern Metro suburbs there. I believe @TheDudeLebowski found some of this years out East
My wife was genning me in on the history afterward via the internet. She was excited that I was so enamored with it. I don't get that fired up about most any beer--not like I was over the T.H. I would never believe that a beer could be that good had I not experienced it myself.
At 22 years, that's incredible. What would be nice is to compare at increments of however long.

My wife was genning me in on the history afterward via the internet. She was excited that I was so enamored with it. I don't get that fired up about most any beer--not like I was over the T.H. I would never believe that a beer could be that good had I not experienced it myself.
At 22 years, that's incredible. What would be nice is to compare at increments of however long.
@orional73

They just started increasing/ramping up distribution to the US. They had some luls in production through the years. Their website is pretty good on describing their story thomashardyale.com. Plus they had some limited production thru the years.

A friend from Georgia had mentioned that he heard good things about them. So I put them on my watch list. I believe I had seen it before but being British and barleywines they're not that sought after. All of a sudden on Twitter I started to see places around here didtro'ing it. I'm guessing they do it during the holiday season. They're at an incredible price from $6-10.

I was lucky to get one final bottle of each vintage 2017, 50th Golden Anniv and Tenn whiskey at one store. I tried the Golden and I'm going to cellar the other two. If I see more I'm going to clear the shelves.

Here's my untapped review of the Golden.

Soft silky mouthfeel. Booze without the heat. Leather/tobacco/honey/candied fruit. Whiskey sipper

IMG_20181123_202140.jpeg

@orional73

They just started increasing/ramping up distribution to the US. They had some luls in production through the years. Their website is pretty good on describing their story thomashardyale.com. Plus they had some limited production thru the years.

A friend from Georgia had mentioned that he heard good things about them. So I put them on my watch list. I believe I had seen it before but being British and barleywines they're not that sought after. All of a sudden on Twitter I started to see places around here didtro'ing it. I'm guessing they do it during the holiday season. They're at an incredible price from $6-10.

I was lucky to get one final bottle of each vintage 2017, 50th Golden Anniv and Tenn whiskey at one store. I tried the Golden and I'm going to cellar the other two. If I see more I'm going to clear the shelves.

Here's my untapped review of the Golden.

Soft silky mouthfeel. Booze without the heat. Leather/tobacco/honey/candied fruit. Whiskey sipper

View attachment 600116

I like aging barely wines too [emoji6]

IMG_1626.JPG
IMG_1625.JPG

Back