What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1500ft+ climb on Bishop Peak. Bit more challenging for the old man. Brought a victory drink...
1536456073266.jpeg

Goodfire is one of my fav breweries up there. They make great IPAs and Berliner weisses. I'd recommend visiting their brewery. Great place. It's kind of hidden on the back side of Lone Pine. Their description of this is a summer beer. I'd agree. Good. I had Prime which I liked better. Another favorite up there is Battery Steele. Another good place to visit including about 5 breweries and distilleries including Allagash for their brewery only sours.View attachment 587368

EDIT: also if u can't visit any of these breweries hit up Bier Cellar which is where I picked these up. I spend an hour in there wandering around trying to figure out what to buy.

Industrial way is a great beer destination !!!!!

View attachment 587362

Thanks @Inkleg! This is his 3 Year Beer. It’s amazing!! I wish I had this much patience to make something like this. Cheers bud for sharing such an amazing beer!

This beer smelled like a wine when I popped the cap. It also has that boozy smell but doesn’t taste boozy. It’s definitely tart and sour. I really like it. My wife tried a sip and her face puckered right up. She said it was unique too but couldn’t drink it. She doesn’t really drink though.

@jimyson where your thoughts similar?

I didn’t think that it smelled boozy. Red wine and plum all the way though. It was really good.

Here’s on from @fourfarthing. Tasty!

IMG_1509.JPG

Now Weller bourbon nightcap and some homemade jalapeno pumpkin salsa (experimental recipe..jalapenos, tomato's, pumpkin puree, garlic and onions). Turned out awesome!
IMG_20180908_220810.jpeg
IMG_20180908_233544.jpeg
IMG_20180908_234030.jpeg

IMG_2693.JPG
This is what happens when swmbo buys me beer! Over carbonated, not tasty pale ale with a faint hint of ginger. Drain pour!

AWE
Thanks! Just kegged my first beer using your sanke tri clamp setup. Yeah...im going to be ordering another. Fermented under pressure, 2 weeks grain to glass, fully carbed when I kegged. Awesome job sir!
AWESOME! Yeah I love having my beer carbonated as soon as its done fermenting :)
Cheers
Jay

Back