What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aviary-image-1535670699747.jpg

Feeling nostalgic so another @m00ps hit. Aroma is straight up Froot Loops. Flavor, clear Gose with heavy lemon. Anyone hear from the old timers; Brewer1977 or Gavin the Untaggable lately? Other dudes that could brew..
1535679709281.jpeg

This delicious beer is what I'm trying to duplicate. Completely impossible, I know, but that's not going to stop me.
NewHollandDragon'sMilk.jpg

Last edited:
An unforeseen future nestled somewhere in time.
Unsuspecting victims no warnings, no signs.
Judgment day the second coming arrives.
Before you see the light you must die.

This is freakin’ Guuuud!!

Thanks @jimyson

View attachment 585774
Sounds like Iron Maiden lyrics!! Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast......Up the irons!!! Eddie lives!!!

Sounds like Iron Maiden lyrics!! Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast......Up the irons!!! Eddie lives!!!

The lyrics are the first verse of South of Heaven from Slayer.....kinda how Hoof Hearted Brewing came Up with the name of the beer and the label design “South of Eleven”. The beer is also just south of eleven ABV. All very clever branding to a very tasty beer !

HB 6.5% Wheat but tastes more like a pale (too much hops)
It is darker than what the picture suggests
Grain: 64% 2row, 25% white wheat malt, 5% flaked wheat, 5% honey malt
1 gallon batch
Hops: 2g Simcoe at 60, 2g Simcoe at 30, and 15g Mosaic at flameout
Simcoe 13.3% and Mosaic 12%
Yeast S-05 (didn't want banana/clove so I went neutral yeast)

My thoughts are
a) Grain bill needs adjusting
b) AA levels were too high on the hops and used too much hops

It is a great light pale ale
Wheat 31AUG2018.jpg

Back