What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hb Vic Secret IPA
IMG_1522190304.132832.jpg

Looks good, I start to really like my ciders after 2 months.

I like mine sweet, and I wanted to catch this before it fermented out. It's just at or beyond that point, still tasty but not overly dry. I have never had a HB cider that I really liked, but then again I DO like them sweet. My comparative favorite is Wood Chuck Amber which you can no longer find out here in Monterey...sucks :(

No, first time I believe was in the first or second FOTD from afro_lou. This one I think came from lupulinaddict for winning a fantasy football league on here. I’m a virgin to their sours though but I have them in the beer fridge!

I've had theirs a few times now, and honestly I find it a bit underwhelming given the absurd cult following. Kuddos for them for figuring **** out at the right time, but seriously though ... nah. I haven't had their sours though; I am not willing to drive that far north when I can get amazing KS's here locally.

Excited to hear what you think though.

I've had theirs a few times now, and honestly I find it a bit underwhelming given the absurd cult following. Kuddos for them for figuring poopy out at the right time, but seriously though ... nah. I haven't had their sours though; I am not willing to drive that far north when I can get amazing KS's here locally.

Excited to hear what you think though.

I love RRs sours. They were the first sours that I really liked. Nowadays you can find great beer everywhere. Even at my house, :) Another Hazy
713792.jpg

DB3F65C1-5982-4F74-A00A-DD52D65F3890.jpeg
I like mine sweet, and I wanted to catch this before it fermented out. It's just at or beyond that point, still tasty but not overly dry. I have never had a HB cider that I really liked, but then again I DO like them sweet. My comparative favorite is Wood Chuck Amber which you can no longer find out here in Monterey...sucks :(

My favorite cider is woodchuck dark and dry. I’ve made many ciders over the years using wine yeasts (very high alcohol) added white sugar and sometimes brown sugar racked onto heather tips and a batched racked onto red hot gummy bears. Also made them with white labs English cider yeast and the cider pictured was made with their vault release. It was a funky Cider blend. I can’t taste much funk. This one is my first dry hopped cider. I used Mosaic and added 2 pounds of white sugar. Didn’t get FG reading but it is strong!

If your trying to recreate woodchuck I’d suggest using an ale yeast. I experimented the one year with 2 gallon batches and used US-05, US-04 and safbrew-33 (a dry wheat yeast). The safale US-05 was my favorite and then the wheat yeast. They came in around 5%ABV.

I have some on tap help me crush the keg!! View attachment 563919

She got bruised but is no less for the wear

I would gladly help you out if I could!!

IMG_1232.jpg

HB Coffee Stout. Hopefully I’ll kick the keg before the warm weather shows up in WNY to make room for some other home brews. Wait I need to brew some beers first!!!

Yesterday I actually tasted Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for the very first time. It was well done and had quite nice and vivid hoppiness, but I must say that this kind of American pale ale is a little bit too simple to my taste, maybe the British and Belgian esters have spoiled me. Anyways, could probably buy it again some day (maybe in the summer when it is hot) because it seemed to have nice balance. There is also Torpedo available here now, maybe I should check that one, too. Tonight I'll be brewing myself, but there is one Weihenstephaner Vitus Weizenbock in the fridge, may grab it later when I feel need to RDWHAHB and there is no homebrewed beer around at the moment.

Last edited:
Back