What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
I can’t believe all you home brewers are showing commercial beer, this is my award winning Appalachian Amber

My kettle sour following this base recipe. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/training-wheels-berliner-good-intro-to-sours.579458/

2.5 gallons of the base sat (is sitting) on 6lbs of fruit goop (mango, pineapple, and papaya). It's only been about 5 days, but the aroma is good. It's still very sour smell forward though...wondering if the fruits will pop at some point.

On the palate you get an instant hit of pineapple and papaya; the mango flavor is subdued. Just enough sour pucker to be easily drank from both sour and non-sour drinkers...it's good!

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180328134941580_COVER.jpg

My kettle sour following this base recipe. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/training-wheels-berliner-good-intro-to-sours.579458/

2.5 gallons of the base sat (is sitting) on 6lbs of fruit goop (mango, pineapple, and papaya). It's only been about 5 days, but the aroma is good. It's still very sour smell forward though...wondering if the fruits will pop at some point.

On the palate you get an instant hit of pineapple and papaya; the mango flavor is subdued. Just enough sour pucker to be easily drank from both sour and non-sour drinkers...it's good!

View attachment 564031

Looks and sounds tasty!

And the last taste of the day comes from the Guava Kettle Sour. It has a very yeasty, doughy aroma to it from the guava which is quite interesting.

Looks like grapefruit juice (these are yellow guavas).

The flavor is pretty fooking epic though! Guava punch to the nuts! Very happy with how it came out!!

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180328145530958_COVER.jpg

I hit the Bacardi way too damned hard yesterday. So, taking it easy today.

Margarita- (6oz reposado, 4 oz Cointreau, 2 oz lime juice).

IMG_0081.jpg

aviary-image-1522286083129.jpeg
and the other half bottle wound up in sink and cupboard. Gusher with notes of infection. Would not recommend.

1522287405889.jpg

Score
20180328_203723.jpg

20180328_204020.jpg

Hb NEIPA
20180328_203901.jpg

Screenshot_20180328-171246.png

Hand made putter from my cousin.

Oh, and a 32 oz beer-o-rita, the Hopslam from earlier, a golden nugget road beer while preggo wife was driving, and then, as pictured, the first pull of the session NEIPA (4.59%...hazy pale ale?)

View attachment 564031

Coffee- I’ve been having trouble with mango too- very subdued flavor. I get more mouth feel from mango than actual mango taste.

Coffee- I’ve been having trouble with mango too- very subdued flavor. I get more mouth feel from mango than actual mango taste.

Honestly I wasn't expecting it to come through, but it wouldn't been nice. Mango itself is not that strong without sugar so maybe a non fermentable could make a difference... Just an idea.

Back