What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened my second HB Slobber Brown Ale. I current have HB Stout, Porter and Slobber in my frig but Slobber is my flagship :mug:

22311006.html

Kicked the CCC IPA keg, working on a lighter amber HB ale. Bells IPA style is a week away from kegging, but about to pitch into a split PA. Half hopped with El Dorado, half with Sterling. Hop test !

Hoping for auroras but the earth's mag field may not be cooperating.....

Just bought a 4-pack of New Glarus Berliner Weisse this afternoon and cracked into one a few minutes ago. WTF, guys?

From the label:
"... Barrel fermentation, Riesling and Chardonnay grapes with Wisconsin White Wheat are bottle fermented with 5 proprietary yeast strains".

I'll say this, it is reminiscent of a Berliner Weisse at first, but the aftertaste is all wine. When I made my BW the aftertaste was almost like a lemonade (from the lacto, no lemons were harmed in the making of that beer), not a wine. IMHO the wine taste completely distracts from any lacto sourness. Style snobs, was Berliner Weisse ever historically made with grape juice?

From my little experience with them, just calling this a plain Berliner Weisse is a bit misleading. Not that I hate it or anything, I just wasn't expecting this.

Ok, now that I've wrote all this and my beer has warmed up slightly, I am getting slightly less wine and a little more lemonade.

Own pale ale, first try. Sweeter than I had wanted, and less bitter because the hop underachieved. But not complaining :)

20170717_175437_HDR.jpg

jolly pumpkin la roja de kriek, quite taste plus I used the dregs for a sour stout I brewed today.

I just had the first glass of my first brew in 2 years. I was worried about off flavors with this one because of a lack or temperature control and some serious temp spikes, but it seems at this point to be ok. Nothing special, but ok.

Back