What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water. Trying to map out how my herms will run with two pumps is giving me a headache. Surely it's not that complicated and I'm just over-complicating things.

Yep I think what red bull is saying is that, they think they're current and future potential customers are morons, and will confuse any bolvine animal not in appearance but in name... They are trying to claim ownership for an entire species and sub species of animal.. I think it's insulting to the general public as well as small business and more specifically this poor brewery who's just trying to make it day to day.

I mentioned that in my note, I wish I had a beer- I would have been even more verbose... Not everyday I get to to use those SAT words :D

I sent #redbully a scathing note. Thanks for the link.

Thanks for helping out!!

Yep I think what red bull is saying is that, they think they're current and future potential customers are morons, and will confuse any bolvine animal not in appearance but in name... They are trying to claim ownership for an entire species and sub species of animal.. I think it's insulting to the general public as well as small business and more specifically this poor brewery who's just trying to make it day to day.

Its pretty pathetic that they dont even want them to be able to use red, blue or silver. Apparently they now own colors as well. I just cant image their legal team sitting down and thinking "this is a good idea" to any of this.

I just thought of a really good line I should have used in my letter. "Something you should be more concerned about regarding this case is what your consumers may now confuse your brand with: Monster." Someone else can use this if you want, I wont sue you. :D

Thanks for helping out!!

Its pretty pathetic that they dont even want them to be able to use red, blue or silver. Apparently they now own colors as well. I just cant image their legal team sitting down and thinking "this is a good idea" to any of this.

This is the thread I made in 2009 when Hansen Beverage went after Rock Art. Places like beer advocate and twitter may be a better place to rally community support though.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/monster-energy-drinks-attack-vt-microbrewery-140899/

Coffee at the clinic. An employee hurt her back so I get the pleasure of bringing her in for a drug screening and physical. Watching people who have never seen a Keurig trying to operate it. Fun.

Next targets: Pepsi (how dare they use red, silver and blue in their logo?) and Elsie the cow (a bovine trying to sell liquids? Preposterous!)

They might as well come after the whole state of Texas and 99% of the businesses within while they're at it. :p

They might as well come after the whole state of Texas and 99% of the businesses within while they're at it. :p

Or america for that matter! White is close enough to silver for patriots to be confused! Hell, even Australia should be sued.

ISO: old ox brew swag :D

Next targets: Pepsi (how dare they use red, silver and blue in their logo?) and Elsie the cow (a bovine trying to sell liquids? Preposterous!)

chicago-bulls-logo.jpg

Hmm?

ISO: old ox brew swag :D

No joke! I'd like to add my name to the ISO list. :D
First thing I did was see if they had a merchandise page on their website. If they did, I would have ordered some stuff to show my support.

No joke! I'd like to add my name to the ISO list. :D
First thing I did was see if they had a merchandise page on their website. If they did, I would have ordered some stuff to show my support.

Haha I did the same thing earlier too. If anything, this is giving them great publicity!

Coffee at the clinic. An employee hurt her back so I get the pleasure of bringing her in for a drug screening and physical. Watching people who have never seen a Keurig trying to operate it. Fun.

I love that philosophy: you get hurt, you must be on drugs. :confused: That's how it worked at my one old job. Certainly doesn't make people want to report injuries when they have to go through all that crap after an injury.

More coffee and getting ready to eat lunch.

Yep. Had a dude lose a toe last year, he literally sobbed all the way here. Ended up with a clean screening though.

Keurig coffee. Still waiting. If we weren't 15 minutes from the office I'd leave.

I love that philosophy: you get hurt, you must be on drugs. :confused: That's how it worked at my one old job. Certainly doesn't make people want to report injuries when they have to go through all that crap after an injury.

More coffee and getting ready to eat lunch.

Actually, I believe the rationale for that is that if the employee had drugs in their systems, and they agreed to not do drugs then the liability is off the company and all on the employee. Basically it gives the employer a chance to wash their hands of the whole workers comp thing.

Actually, I believe the rationale for that is that if the employee had drugs in their systems, and they agreed to not do drugs then the liability is off the company and all on the employee. Basically it gives the employer a chance to wash their hands of the whole workers comp thing.

BINGO.

And you really can't blame the employer for doing this. If you come to work all messed up and get hurt, should the employer really pay for your accident? I say "no".

Are you even watching the road, or just snapping pictures? :D

I do enjoy the pictures though, keep them flowing!

Pffft, please. I can take pictures, eat lunch and drive a stick shift in traffic all at the same time and still be a safer driver than most people on the road around me. :p

BINGO.

And you really can't blame the employer for doing this. If you come to work all messed up and get hurt, should the employer really pay for your accident? I say "no".

I understand the rationale for it, and don't condone using substances prior to working, however, what I do after work has nothing to do with me getting hurt while at work as I'm not under the influence while on the job.

Cherry coke with lunch.

Back