What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ten Fidy clone. Did someone say whisky? Brewing TF again friday and will add MM and bit of oak.

So those who may remember, our grandchild who had heart surgery is now home. 4 months at Children's Hospital in Dallas.

Had another granddaughter on the 3rd, 5 total now. She's healthy.

Just found out 2 weeks ago my uncle has severe sirous of the liver..kidney failure etc. The sad thing there was no craft beer involved.

Cheers to all! Nice to be back.

View attachment 1422415081381.jpg

Ten Fidy clone. Did someone say whisky? Brewing TF again friday and will add MM and bit of oak.

So those who may remember, our grandchild who had heart surgery is now home. 4 months at Children's Hospital in Dallas.

Just found out 2 weeks ago my uncle has severe sirous of the liver..kidney failure etc. The sad thing there was no craft beer involved.

Glad to hear the little one is home and on the road to recovery.

Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Sorry to hear about your uncle, that kind of news nevers gets easy. It doesn't help that it you start getting it more and more the old we get.

Welcome back, good news for the little ons!
Sorry about your uncle.

Hah right on man. From what I've deduced, it seems one of your beers would be the equivalent to a bk berry punch, wasted on him nonetheless. One more southern tier before going back to reality.

How did your first all-grain brew day go? I remember reading about your buddies "expert techniques" and your heater going out. These last few days got hazy after that

Great to hear that they're finally home.
And sorry about your uncle.

Capped 20 bottles of gingerbreaded Yooper's Oatmeal Stout...fingers crossed. Tinkered with some cap stickers...@Hello: need to get 'em centered, but I'll get there!

IMG_20150127_231643744.jpg

I love that beer. Pour in a touch of bourbon and u have kbs at least that's what I do when i can't get kbs. Lol

Hold on one second, let me try that. I have done the same thing with Bell's Expedition and Double Cream Stout to get faux Black Note.

Edit: Nice! It really muted a lot of the notes in the beer and made the bourbon stand out. I put about 1 tablespoon in most of the glass. Might have been a little much but it is nice.

Hold on one second, let me try that. I have done the same thing with Bell's Expedition and Double Cream Stout to get faux Black Note.

Edit: Nice! It really muted a lot of the notes in the beer and made the bourbon stand out. I put about 1 tablespoon in most of the glass. Might have been a little much but it is nice.

That stout is prob my fav reg line ris around. I did the bourbon thing with my hb coffee stout just to get the bourbon flavor and a touch is all that's needed as the barrel aged versions well the flavors have had times to meld together but in A pinch if u want a good bourbon stout what u did is how I roll. Lol

That stout is prob my fav reg line ris around. I did the bourbon thing with my hb coffee stout just to get the bourbon flavor and a touch is all that's needed as the barrel aged versions well the flavors have had times to meld together but in A pinch if u want a good bourbon stout what u did is how I roll. Lol

It worked well, I noticed a marked decrease in the coffee, chocolate, molasses notes but a small boost to the prune/raisin fruitiness. I used Maker's Mark, works if you want a BA stout but don't have one.

I agree with the sentiment from earlier that this is 100 time better than Narwhal and among one of the better RIS (non-BA) I have had. Glad I have another one!

It worked well, I noticed a marked decrease in the coffee, chocolate, molasses notes but a small boost to the prune/raisin fruitiness. I used Maker's Mark, works if you want a BA stout but don't have one.

I agree with the sentiment from earlier that this is 100 time better than Narwhal and among one of the better RIS (non-BA) I have had. Glad I have another one!

Glad the tip worked out for ya. I stock up on four packs of this stuff just cuz it's so good that and the dark horse plead the fifth are prob my fav non ba ris around.

Polished these off at dinner. The brown rye ale is the one in the glass: very good but the Belgian saison on the right is one of the better beers I've ever tried. Age, depth, and balance all present.

jWqmmq48cBOxn.JPG

View attachment 252033
Work homework is pretty much done for the night. Sleep, job searching, or doing taxes. What great options! I might just drink for an hour and watch tv.

Finally throwing in the towel with your company?

@PianoMan - good news about the granddaughters but sorry to hear about your uncle.

Coffee. Will this week end already?!

Quaffi and uncooperative children this morning. Enabling long distance SWMBO. Dentist later. Bah...just wanna go back to bed.

Finally throwing in the towel with your company?

@PianoMan - good news about the granddaughters but sorry to hear about your uncle.

Coffee. Will this week end already?!

I think it's time to move on. I used to feel like I was tied down by the money and the memory of it kept me hanging around. That well seems to have dried up!

Got my taxes done last night and gonna get enough of a check to pay off those credit card balances that hurt my soul to have. I sat on an extra vehicle all winter just because I knew it would sell better when everyone else got their returns. 1989 suburban is going to turn into finishing an e brewery build, at least that is the plan.

Factory coffee from a machine. The person ahead of me got hot chocolate which created a surprisingly nice jamocoa for me.

Coffee. Just coffee.
@Pianoman I'm happy for you that your 5th gradbaby is well, your 4th is recovering and I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle.

@mattmmille, it takes a little tweaking. For me, it is as straight as it will get because I think my printer grabs the papers slightly crooked. It is a very old printer I got in the fire sale at my old company back in 2008, $10 for a desktop laser jet.

Latest posts

Back