What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's time to move on. I used to feel like I was tied down by the money and the memory of it kept me hanging around. That well seems to have dried up!

Got my taxes done last night and gonna get enough of a check to pay off those credit card balances that hurt my soul to have. I sat on an extra vehicle all winter just because I knew it would sell better when everyone else got their returns. 1989 suburban is going to turn into finishing an e brewery build, at least that is the plan.

Factory coffee from a machine. The person ahead of me got hot chocolate which created a surprisingly nice jamocoa for me.

Check out Dave Ramsey (financial guy if you haven't heard of him). Best thing my wife and I have done. We've done it for about 4 years and have no loans, no credit cards, and we are working on paying the house off early.

White tea with honey.

How did your first all-grain brew day go? I remember reading about your buddies "expert techniques" and your heater going out. These last few days got hazy after that

It did not happen yet. Kettle came late and all reviews said the spigot it came with was poor quality. Took it to my lhbs yesterday and they fixed me up with a good one, so now I have a spare. Also scoped out some ingredients that were suggested for my first one, and they do have them (MO and Mosaic). Everything is falling into place, I just want to be ready and have everything lined up and planned out for my first time so I don't lose my mind.

Done funking around after the piss-poor review I got last night.

Hitting the coffee with a vengeance.

How is that one?

The first two introductory chapters were good haha havent gotten to the good stuff yet but I imagine it will be a worthwhile read just based off of the background to the styles so far. The strange thing (to me anyway) is that he only focuses on Saison and Biere De Garde, not any other belgian or french styles. These were the two most popular styles brewed my farmhouse brewers, but I just thought it would cover more styles.

It did not happen yet. Kettle came late and all reviews said the spigot it came with was poor quality. Took it to my lhbs yesterday and they fixed me up with a good one, so now I have a spare. Also scoped out some ingredients that were suggested for my first one, and they do have them (MO and Mosaic). Everything is falling into place, I just want to be ready and have everything lined up and planned out for my first time so I don't lose my mind.

Done funking around after the piss-poor review I got last night.

Hitting the coffee with a vengeance.
What kettle did you buy?
Water. Home sick today. Legit sick too, not hung over sick. F*** it.
Feel better.

Not spoiled:D

There were a lot of "I swears" going on before I got her. First, I swore I'd never have anything remotely related to a pit bull. Guess what? She's a staffy-boxer mix. Her foster had YouTube videos up of her behavior and such. I said she looked like a good dog but I don't want that breed. The ex said let's go look. I walked her for 30 minutes, played with her, she was meant to be mine.

I said I'd never refer to her as my kid. I've held strong to that actually. :) I said I'd never really spoil her and she'd never get table scraps or extra treats. Yeah, she does and now I even make her treats from spent grain. I said she'd stay off the bed. That was over the day I got her. I said I'd never worry about being out late while she was home. I feel guilty more times than not. So yeah, not spoiled. I'm all she has and sadly, she's all I have.

Sorry for the ramble @coldcrash

Finishing pint of coffee #1 and about to pour another. It's friggen' freezing out today.

I need the temp to come up maybe 5-10 degrees so I can just keep my keg outside for the super bowl weekend :D

Unless 15-20 degrees is okay... We'll find out I guess. God I can't wait.

3D drawing didn't last long, it's so easy... was fun while it lasted.

More coffee.

Well layoffs are happening today. My buddy just got laid off. I think I'm safe but its still stressful. Beers later once I get off from this place

You should take the day off. Then they cant fire you. ;)

Best wishes, sounds like you thought you were safe but like you said Im sure today will be stressful. Cheers!

Snow day part 2. Starting it off right. No coffee, just straight to the beer after doing the bare minimum shoveling I needed to do to get to my car and get it on the road.

_DSC3839.jpg

Ha! Never heard of them before. Are they in the same family as the cilantro hop ;)

They're from NZ. High alpha but sort of mild in flavor and aroma. Most of the beers I make are with simple grain bills. I used a pretty simple one on this to see what these hops would offer. I smelled them and bought them because they smelled great. I am not getting that big punch in aroma (I only used 4 oz. total - mostly late additions). The flavor is very mild and this makes for a good @qhrumphsfsfsfsgspsh imperial IPA coming in at 5.7% ABV.

My keg of Slightly Stoopider kicked. I have some in growlers I need to get at, though, so I still have a bit to drink which is good.

Time to keg something.

Water.

Back