What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh ok I see what I did wrong. I'm gonna use that calculator now- this table I have is difficult for me to understand.
Sidenote- apparently three beers at ~7% is all it takes for me to suck at math.

It happens to all of us, haha. Brewer friend is a great website

8 month old yeast in the fridge, check. Starter wort made last night and left in the sink to cool, check. Enough grain to brew kolsh with rye, check. Nothing to do for the next six hours, check. Enough beer to get me through the day, check. I am brewing!

Coffee while cleaning. The wife invited 12 people over for dinner and drinks tonight. Not sure I'm up for it but I've got the bar ready.

Ahh ok I see what I did wrong. I'm gonna use that calculator now- this table I have is difficult for me to understand.
Sidenote- apparently three beers at ~7% is all it takes for me to suck at math.

I can be bad at math on no beers. Congrats on your first brew.

Coffee and water. Not enough sleep and lots of beer last night makes me lazy.

Done with the coffee and having some water before going to a beer festival. So today is the day of our community firebird festival. Volunteers have spent the last eight weeks building this bird to become a giant bonfire tonight.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417880369.040049.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417880390.433307.jpg

Unfortunately some assclown(s) decided to light it this morning at 4am. So pissed about this right now. Good news is the community is responding great and the festival will go in (even in the rain we will have tonight.). Still so mad that people do crap like this. :mad:

Done with the coffee and having some water before going to a beer festival. So today is the day of our community firebird festival. Volunteers have spent the last eight weeks building this bird to become a giant bonfire tonight.
View attachment 240182
View attachment 240183

Unfortunately some assclown(s) decided to light it this morning at 4am. So pissed about this right now. Good news is the community is responding great and the festival will go in (even in the rain we will have tonight.). Still so mad that people do crap like this. :mad:

Maybe it will rise from the ashes?

Sorry, couldn't help it.

People are the worst sometimes.

View attachment 240182
View attachment 240183

that thing is awesome! that really sucks, though, about the buttholes.

more kwaffeh.

View attachment 240182
View attachment 240183

Karmic mob justice. Find the floccers and burn their houses down. Bastards. That's a thing of beauty.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417881369.089967.jpg

This beer pissed me off enough last night to try and let it piss me off again today. I am gonna try to forget about that bucket for a couple more weeks. When I punched the recipe into brewers friend the 1.030 final is possible if I got 90% efficiency brewing in a bag. I find that unlikely. This morning I am telling myself that it taste green still. Damnit. I really just wanted to harvest the 1450 for a ryepa.

Karmic mob justice. Find the floccers and burn their houses down. Bastards. That's a thing of beauty.

I'd guess if they are found they may end up in the bonfire tonight. ;)

I just dropped some stuff off for the scout booth (we sell hot chocolate and baked goods) and there is a mountain of pallets and wood growing (yes, out of the ashes @TNGabe) so there will be a nice bonfire tonight.

Hydro sample of my WnB clone. After 2 weeks, it's dropped from 1.092 to 1.026. I'm hoping it gets around 1.018.
View attachment 240204
This is a sour stout that I partigyled off the WnB mash. Coming along nicely.
View attachment 240205

Pellicle looks good. One of my 1gal jugs is starting with one.

But does your counter taste as good? ;)

Hydro sample of my Consecration clone at 4 months. Smells funky, tastes dry and tart like a red wine. I've got high hopes for this one. View attachment 240221

That looks great! Can't wait to try these

Back