What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pics, but I had a Goose Island IPA, Lagunitas IPA and 3 or 4 Yuenglings at the bar watching the game. Came home early because I find barstool quarterbacks ****ing annoying.

UPDATE: Really glad I wasn't at the bar full of Giants fans for the last touchdown by Indy.

On one occasion I managed to cellar two of them for about a week. They did seem better but it might just be that I had been longing for them for six and a half days.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That's usually how it goes when I "cellar" beer. If I truly have something I want to save I will place it in a random closet in the house after I've started drinking. The other day I found four 2013 SN Bigfoot. (Didn't taste much different than the 2014 to be honest)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415073954.520132.jpgmight as well take advantage of not having to be at work till 1830 hrs tomorrow.

Have you cellared them before? I have two left from this year I think they tasted great can they get much better aging them?

And enjoying thisView attachment 233704so glad odells made it to Texas

See my post about 4 pages back, conveniently quoted below. :p :D

I'll join ya. '13 I threw in the fridge a couple hours ago.
Kids just left to grandparents house so I'm brewing. :D

I still have 3 of the '13s left that I got last year. Have 11 of this year's that I'll try to save. It ages pretty well. Seems less chocolate and more coffee when aged a year.

See my post about 4 pages back, conveniently quoted below. :p :D

I still have 3 of the '13s left that I got last year. Have 11 of this year's that I'll try to save. It ages pretty well. Seems less chocolate and more coffee when aged a year.

Ah well there you go. That's what I get for being lazy and half ass catching up on missed pages. That's what I was afraid of happening, the chocolate part is what I like so much in that beer. Looks like I should savor my last two then on thanksgiving.

I was running late and had to chose between coffee or voting. I should have gotten coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Haha. I think I still have the 1983 Topps Wade Boggs card.

Also: don't distract @Remmy. NIZZLE drank 30 Coors Lights in 2hrs. Know who hasn't?

Stomach doesn't have the capacity for that. :D

Water. Coffee earlier...site was being silly. Walked dog for a couple of miles to go vote and now I rest, I mean work.

I'd start now, but I'm about to fire-up the chainsaw.

Common misconception. The yeast can throw off a very faint smoke phenol but peaty smokiness is really out of style. Ron Pattinson gave a talk about historical beer styles at NHC and couldn't stress it enough.

Thanks! My entire brewhouse is built around that beer. :)

I know that scotch ales aren't supposed to be smokey, but I also know how often they have peated malt in them. Again, really good beer.

Brought two out here with me. Cause one's not gonna be enough.

Starting with Jack-O. Then Roadsmary. It's warm out here so these will go quick.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415120784.987068.jpg

Two. Better than one. Don't know which one to drink first.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415125170.296304.jpg

Step 1: Hire someone to do it.
Step 2: Drink beer and watch them do it.

Time for a drink of some sorts.

1) If you can still function normally & are mechanically inclined, save $$$ & do it yourself!
2) Drink lots of home brew to celebrate a job well done.
3) Vote first, then work.
4) Drink plenty of beer afterward.
5) Pee on the losers...
Drinking some Deschutes Jubelale atm. Funny how the spell checker knows how to spell it?!...

@coldcrash is def coming in second right now.

Splitting about 1.5 cord of wood today. Halfway there.

Get some, bitches.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415126369.695490.jpg

Latest posts

Back