Quantcast

What are you drinking now?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

cheesehed007

Reaction score
My first taste of a Watermelon Wheat from Horney Goat Brewing. Not much watermelon flavor but a tasty beer for a summer day.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406077073.967452.jpg

Sent from my van, down by the river.

banesong

Middle Ground Brewing Company
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What's up with you mofos and running? :D
Cmon. I lift (weakly... Working on it), but run 'cause i would be even more of a fat @ss if i didn't. And this is after two knee surgeries, too.

It was more of a slow jog lol.
Ehh.... Work on it. You will eventually get up to a ponderous, stumbly trot, like me! Soon I will get to the point I will proudly claim an uncoordinated gallop. Someday I hope to get to a shambling run.

Contemplating an oatmeal stout to close the night.

Remmy

Drink First, Ask Questions Later
Reaction score
I lift my fair share as well. Some days more than others but definitely more than once a week.

Getting a few reps in as we speak in fact

View attachment 212847

As my cousin's husband told me, "I'm a master of the 12 ounce curl."
He's such a fatty but drinks beer like a floccing champion. :D

BGBC

Reaction score
Avery Twenty One. Wasn't planning on drinking tonight, but eh, why not.

Oh, and run on HBT. Hit the trail this morning and plan to again tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406079754.997902.jpg

CliffMongoloid

Reaction score
Hello friends, i just got fantastic news, there is a brewery that is starting in my home town, the first brewery in my town since prohibition, my BIL is friends with the owner, he just stopped over at my house and told me he talked me upped to him and asked for my six best brews to give to him for him to try, i gave him my black ipa, my dipa,my conan dipa, my porter, my dipa, and my cascade ipa.... I'm so stoked

olotti

Reaction score
I got that a week and a half ago.
Atleast I'm not the only one. Lol. My wife says this all the time but since I started homebrewing I tell her its all in the name of research and development. Shea also a little jealous since she's pregnant and can't have any.

drainbamage

Keep HBT weird.
Reaction score
Atleast I'm not the only one. Lol. My wife says this all the time but since I started homebrewing I tell her its all in the name of research and development. Shea also a little jealous since she's pregnant and can't have any.
My wife's cousin is pregnant, and her husband got a t-shirt that says "She's eating for 2, I'm drinking for 3". Sounds like you need one of those!

Centennial Blonde here.

coldcrash

Reaction score
Hello friends, i just got fantastic news, there is a brewery that is starting in my home town, the first brewery in my town since prohibition, my BIL is friends with the owner, he just stopped over at my house and told me he talked me upped to him and asked for my six best brews to give to him for him to try, i gave him my black ipa, my dipa,my conan dipa, my porter, my dipa, and my cascade ipa.... I'm so stoked

That's awesome!

You're in NEPA right? Haven't been up there since the 90s but I remember an old defunct brewery building in Scranton I think. Lion?

W0GWT

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406081417.473041.jpg

First time trying this.
Decent, but the hops are pretty muted. Bottled 4/11/14, so I don't think it's an age issue. Sadly reminds me of a bitter porter or something, not an IPA, though the spiciness of the rye is there.

tripplehazzard

Reaction score
View attachment 212856

First time trying this.
Decent, but the hops are pretty muted. Bottled 4/11/14, so I don't think it's an age issue. Sadly reminds me of a bitter porter or something, not an IPA, though the spiciness of the rye is there.
Definitely an age issue. Should knock your socks off. I exchanged some hoptumum brewed in early April with some fresh stuff brewed last month and it msde a world of difference

W0GWT

Reaction score
Definitely an age issue. Should knock your socks off. I exchanged some hoptumum brewed in early April with some fresh stuff brewed last month and it msde a world of difference

Damn. Definitely not knocking my socks off.
I suppose I'll give it another go when I can find one that's a little more fresh.

coldcrash

Reaction score
Is the Mad Elf 2013 or has this year's already made an appearance? (It very well may have and is just buried behind the mountains of Pumking that have taken over the stores)

2013. I've never seen Troegs release this prior to the holidays. Slainte Troegs.

DisturbdChemist

I'm drunk 60% of the time, all the time!
Reaction score
Nice. I made friends with the owners of a new brewery near me.. they love my bretts. Hopefully i can get on and help them get their barrel program running

Having my jalapeno/ cucumber saison

WesleyS

Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 212856

First time trying this.

IPA bottled more than 3 months ago and you don't think it's an age issue? It definitely is. That's my favorite BIPA. Find some fresh and you'll see a huge difference.

coldcrash

Reaction score
IPA bottled more than 3 months ago and you don't think it's an age issue? It definitely is. That's my favorite BIPA. Find some fresh and you'll see a huge difference.

You don't even say it any more. I'm picking up a wookey on Thursday. Drinking and posting here

You better ****ing say it. I don't care about the date

skeezerpleezer

Reaction score
View attachment 212856

First time trying this.

That is over 3 months old, I imagine the hops have faded.

Edit: didn't scroll down before posting

W0GWT

Reaction score

I guess I'm an optimist.

I was always a kind of a low-hop guy because I'd never had a good IPA. I somewhat recently started drinking IPAs (enthusiastically) and still have never brewed one, so I chalk this up to a learning experience. Sights are a little weak still. First dud.

DisturbdChemist

I'm drunk 60% of the time, all the time!
Reaction score

mattmmille

Reaction score
Little snack...everybody else will be asleep soon. Maybe one more beer tonight.

DSC05104.jpg

jimmerz

Reaction score
After selling our newly added puppy it was a sad day in our house. I had to have just one before trying to put my daughter to bed.

1406086310582.jpg