What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first taste of a Watermelon Wheat from Horney Goat Brewing. Not much watermelon flavor but a tasty beer for a summer day.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406077073.967452.jpg

Sent from my van, down by the river.

What's up with you mofos and running? :D

Cmon. I lift (weakly... Working on it), but run 'cause i would be even more of a fat @ss if i didn't. And this is after two knee surgeries, too.

It was more of a slow jog lol.

Ehh.... Work on it. You will eventually get up to a ponderous, stumbly trot, like me! Soon I will get to the point I will proudly claim an uncoordinated gallop. Someday I hope to get to a shambling run.

Contemplating an oatmeal stout to close the night.

Avery Twenty One. Wasn't planning on drinking tonight, but eh, why not.

Oh, and run on HBT. Hit the trail this morning and plan to again tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406079754.997902.jpg

Hello friends, i just got fantastic news, there is a brewery that is starting in my home town, the first brewery in my town since prohibition, my BIL is friends with the owner, he just stopped over at my house and told me he talked me upped to him and asked for my six best brews to give to him for him to try, i gave him my black ipa, my dipa,my conan dipa, my porter, my dipa, and my cascade ipa.... I'm so stoked

I got that a week and a half ago.

Atleast I'm not the only one. Lol. My wife says this all the time but since I started homebrewing I tell her its all in the name of research and development. Shea also a little jealous since she's pregnant and can't have any.

Atleast I'm not the only one. Lol. My wife says this all the time but since I started homebrewing I tell her its all in the name of research and development. Shea also a little jealous since she's pregnant and can't have any.

My wife's cousin is pregnant, and her husband got a t-shirt that says "She's eating for 2, I'm drinking for 3". Sounds like you need one of those!

Centennial Blonde here.

Hello friends, i just got fantastic news, there is a brewery that is starting in my home town, the first brewery in my town since prohibition, my BIL is friends with the owner, he just stopped over at my house and told me he talked me upped to him and asked for my six best brews to give to him for him to try, i gave him my black ipa, my dipa,my conan dipa, my porter, my dipa, and my cascade ipa.... I'm so stoked

That's awesome!

You're in NEPA right? Haven't been up there since the 90s but I remember an old defunct brewery building in Scranton I think. Lion?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406081417.473041.jpg

First time trying this.
Decent, but the hops are pretty muted. Bottled 4/11/14, so I don't think it's an age issue. Sadly reminds me of a bitter porter or something, not an IPA, though the spiciness of the rye is there.

View attachment 212856

First time trying this.
Decent, but the hops are pretty muted. Bottled 4/11/14, so I don't think it's an age issue. Sadly reminds me of a bitter porter or something, not an IPA, though the spiciness of the rye is there.

Definitely an age issue. Should knock your socks off. I exchanged some hoptumum brewed in early April with some fresh stuff brewed last month and it msde a world of difference

Definitely an age issue. Should knock your socks off. I exchanged some hoptumum brewed in early April with some fresh stuff brewed last month and it msde a world of difference

Damn. Definitely not knocking my socks off.
I suppose I'll give it another go when I can find one that's a little more fresh.

Is the Mad Elf 2013 or has this year's already made an appearance? (It very well may have and is just buried behind the mountains of Pumking that have taken over the stores)

2013. I've never seen Troegs release this prior to the holidays. Slainte Troegs.

Nice. I made friends with the owners of a new brewery near me.. they love my bretts. Hopefully i can get on and help them get their barrel program running

Having my jalapeno/ cucumber saison

View attachment 212856

First time trying this.

IPA bottled more than 3 months ago and you don't think it's an age issue? It definitely is. That's my favorite BIPA. Find some fresh and you'll see a huge difference.

IPA bottled more than 3 months ago and you don't think it's an age issue? It definitely is. That's my favorite BIPA. Find some fresh and you'll see a huge difference.

You don't even say it any more. I'm picking up a wookey on Thursday. Drinking and posting here

You better ****ing say it. I don't care about the date

View attachment 212856

First time trying this.

That is over 3 months old, I imagine the hops have faded.

Edit: didn't scroll down before posting

I guess I'm an optimist.

I was always a kind of a low-hop guy because I'd never had a good IPA. I somewhat recently started drinking IPAs (enthusiastically) and still have never brewed one, so I chalk this up to a learning experience. Sights are a little weak still. First dud.

After selling our newly added puppy it was a sad day in our house. I had to have just one before trying to put my daughter to bed.

1406086310582.jpg

Back