What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I was supposed to be sight seeing in SLC (never been), but my project is behind schedule so I'll be putting in 22 hours at a natural gas plant.

going camping with the family on sunday afternoon, back tuesday evening.

still some home brew activities to bookend the trip: crashing/adding gelatin to a janet's brown on sunday morning, firing up a milt stout starter on tuesday night. keg that janet on wednesday and then taking the day off work to brew on friday.:mug:

Hitting the links, doing overdue chores, watching sports, drinking beers, eating good food, enjoying the end of summer

Building a dining table and bench on commission on/off through-out the weekend and brewing up NB's Kama Citra IPA in some in-between time.

Going golfing with some friends. I'm terrible, but it's nice to toss a few back and hit a few balls on the wrong fairway! :tank: That has been known to happen sober or not by the way.

Bottling my California common... Oh, and drinking a few.

Screenshot952016-08-11-22-21-55-11.gif

Bottling day for me. I have a brett saison and a berliner weisse that will be packaged this afternoon. If the rain lets up, I'm gonna wash my car.

Finally got another poster frame to mount some of the labels from my beer bottle collection. Still need some removable mounts though.

Looking for parts to fit a Crosman 160 I found in my closet. Don't remember how the heck I acquired it?...but there it was, no Crosman 760 in site, just this one?...& the mystery continues...:confused:

Gonna drink some HB stout with BBQ'd steak & shrimp dish of some kind for our 39th anniversary Saturday! Gonna get dressed up for pics this time, since we now have two DSLR's. Now if I just had my daughter's black BBQ/server apron, I'd look good in a shirt & tie doing my thing at the pit...:rockin:

Going fishing on my pontoon boat, Ive retro fitted it for trolling for walleye crappie and catfish, I love to fish almost as much as brewing, sad to say but I don't drink while fishing, I catch too much and need to be on my toes

We've not gotten to do enough fishing, as every time the river starts getting to a reasonable level we get more rain. This time it was floody as heck in NE IA/SW WI so the river is going to be really high. Sigh....

So instead, we bottled 5 1/2 gallons of wine (Super Tuscan red kit, seems pretty darned tasty.) We'll futz around tomorrow, go eat pizza and get beer tasting event tickets, then Sunday is the potluck at the "sportsmen's club" we go to for target practice....

Black belt test for karate Saturday. Keg on Sunday and then go to the deer woods to check stands and cameras.

Going halibut fishing. Dipnetting this year was a bust :-(.
We'll see how the halibut and rock fish are tomorrow.

Block party today. Close off the block at noon, grills, coolers, tables out, sausages, chicken, burgers, clams, maybe tuna... some tunes. Oh yeah, and home brew and tequila...

I was hoping to brew this weekend. But I ended up spending all day painting baseboards & door casings. Tomorrow will be spent painting walls. It's been a few weeks since my last brew session, so I hope I end up making time tomorrow but I really doubt it's going to happen

The last ship model I built was the USS Arizona. moving turrets & all. Added some planes to that, like the B-26 Invader. Pop being a Seabee in the Philippines, said the B-26's hit the deck at 180MPH. Impressive for a prop job, but an engineering nightmare for him & the boys on them small islants, as he called them.
As for myself, I'm restoring a Crosman Model 160 Pellgun, variant one from 1955-1956, first model run. Since they changed it for the 1960-1971 model change, the original diagrams were destroyed!? It's been a nightmare finding parts & service gunsmiths specializing in antique airguns, let alone a certain brand. Quite the surprise to find out it's been a new, very popular thing with shrinking hunting lands. Governments, local, county, etc want ballistics profiles for hunting where muzzle velocities fall off quicker than the usual firearms. So my airguns- high powered " magnum" airguns-are legal to hunt with above some 600FPS muzzle velocity. Small game up to turkeys. Cha-Ching...Gotta stain the stock this weekend & start oil finishing it. then re-blue the metal parts, screws & all.

Going camping with our neighbors out to Packwood/Clear Lake/Tieton. Will bring a few homebrews but for the most part will be swilling commercial brews and eating some good food. And playing horseshoes, cornhole, cards, and a LOT of drinking. Did I mention drinking?

Congrats to both of you! Today my wife and I celebrate our 30th! :mug:

John

Happy belated anniversary to you too! Just spotted this. I've been & will be busy with the restoration of a 1955-56 variant one Crosman model 160 Co2-.22 air gun. Good small game rifle when I finish it. Videos on my channel have started. Gotta look through my grains, etc to see what I need for version 4.2 of my hybrid lager. Someday, I'll get it right, like 1955-65 right...
I also checked the Mumme, & boy, do those gruits make a lot of poufy stuff! :confused:

Tomorrow morning I am riding in the Raleigh Pink Ribbon Ride, and then going to the Locked & Loaded 2016 Fall Bike Fest.

I coach my sons Pee Wee hockey team and our first game is tomorrow morning. Then it's football all day and NE Patriots all night!!! Go Pat's!!

Back