What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautifying a wall in the living room and making a barn door sliding door going into the bedroom. This way the living room matches my 1bbll SS Conicals the wife insisted should be on display once she saw them.

IMG_20161001_142954.jpg

Drywall. Ugh. Never again. Just a small section but it is still a PITA. At least it is a good excuse to drink beer. And to keep it based in the forum, I tested my Pilsner after I did the last seam taping. It came in at 1.006, bone dry.

Its not drywall its galvanized roofing the old timey wavy tin you see on barns. Its way worse than drywall. The edges cut like razor blades, slivers of metal all over me. Its a real PITA to work with.

That looks sweet!

I am still in recovery mode from a pulled back muscle. Dang near went to the ER 4 nights ago for morphine the pain was so bad. I was swearing out loud most of the night it hurt so bad. Might simmer some beets and make beet pickles. I can do 90% of that while sitting!

Moose hunting... again. Got skunked last weekend. Saw a bunch of animals but couldn't get close enough to seal the deal.

Running in an Octoberfest 5k at Harpoon Brewery in Windsor, Vermont. (Followed by beers and a brat of course!)

Can't wait for the weekend. Latest project on our 230 year old house. Installing restored antique mantel for the fireplace along with base board and crown moulding for our living room rehab. Need to be done in time for our annual Oktoberfest party on Saturday. Also need to label 3 cases of beer. One 6 pack of each of 12 different brews we're offering at the party.

I'm coaching a double hitter flag football game and Sunday we are going to fright fest at kings dominion.

I'm going to make some pulled pork in the slow cooker this morning. Later, I'm hoping to convince my boyfriend to drive me to the LHBS to stock up on malt & hops

For me it's about what are you doing this weekend instead of watching the Browns. The answer would be brewing, of course.

Last weekend was assemble the grain auger on its wheels and get it in position to move corn into my bin for heat(I use a corn/pellet stove to heat the house). All week is move corn, weekend I get 2-3 loads of pellets into storage... just came off canning/freezing/dehydrating the fall garden harvest... haven't had time to brew for a month!

Finishing my short block assembly to get ready to install an engine in my old Ford Truck. Hoping to get some brewing in by late Nov. if I get this thing running soon.

We were visiting Mom out of town. But just before we left the Pale Ale keg kicked! We have beer, but this was our favorite. Next brew day will be either a double batch of pale ale with half in Cascade and half in Amarillo (we are trying to figure out all the hops.) Or maybe 1 1/2 batch with the 1/2 in Amarillo, in case we don't like it so much...

Also want to do a small batch of a sweeter, strong stout, maybe the kids might like, or at least a winter dessert beer...

The garden crapped out early other than the hot peppers and the cole crops....

Friday night: World Series game 3.
Saturday: recover, swim lessons for the 2 yo, clean the house, head to the hotel downtown.
Sunday: Hot Chocolate 5k, recovery.

Making a portable keg cooler for my corny kegs, to take on outings and get togethers where there are no kegerators or electricity. Will have a Perlick tap and a port for Co2 gas disconnect. Tall enough to keep the entire keg and the beer line cold with ice, so as not to get a foamy dispense/pour. Got the idea from" Brew Your Own" September article. I might post pics in DIY part of this forum on the build if there is any interest....

John

Making a portable keg cooler for my corny kegs, to take on outings and get togethers where there are no kegerators or electricity. Will have a Perlick tap and a port for Co2 gas disconnect. Tall enough to keep the entire keg and the beer line cold with ice, so as not to get a foamy dispense/pour. Got the idea from" Brew Your Own" September article. I might post pics in DIY part of this forum on the build if there is any interest....

John

Ha! I just built one of these but never saw it in the byo mag. I used 2x2's to build a frame and rigid insulation inside of those. Works great!

Going to the in-laws for thanksgiving. How many cases of homebrew will be needed to survive 4 days there is still being questioned.

Latest posts

Back