What am I about to Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoors76

Reaction score
Ok I went to my local brew shop in town and asked for a german hefeweizen and the ingrediants they told me to get are as follows.
Wyeast 3068
3lb Pilsen DME
2lb Wheat DME
1.oz Hallertau
.5 oz Hallertau

some of the DME recipies I am seeing on here are calling for mostly wheat so am I going to be brewing a German Hefeweizen or something else. Also I forgot my Priming sugar what can I use for this.

Only 2 lbs. of wheat to 3 of pilsen? Doesn't sound very weizeny... The yeast is correct though! This is closer to the proportions of a witbier, but I'm also a little green, so there could be another style I'm not thinking about. :D Anyone else?

yeah that is what I was thinking after reading a little more I am not sure what recipe they gave me but it sure says German Hefeweizen on it.

Seems like a very lite hefe, the recipe I recently made, was 6lbs extract, split 50/50 wheat and reg... With an additional 1 lb of specialty grain. Maybe plus it up on the wheat, as homebrewer 99 stated, and pickup 1.25 cup DME for priming.

Back