We don't do soy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvh261

Reaction score
I hate marketing.

Anyone else see the Mike's Hard Lemonade commerical with the guy introducing their new soy drink? Then Mr. tough guy boss comes out and says "We don't do soy!" all pissed off and whatnot. You know...because he's no ***** or whatever. Then a bottle of hard lemonade slams down. Very tough.

So yeah... Mike's Hard Lemonade is for tough guys. Don't worry, this marketing proves that you can drink hard lemonade and you won't be a total wuss.

Anyway... i'm looking forward to drinking some good beer this weekend. Grilling out, plenty of homebrew, various leftover craft brews here and there... even a trip to the Hopleaf (www.hopleaf.com) planned for saturday night. Should be a good one.

Happy memorial day weekend everyone. Enjoy it.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=SUNalV4ughc[/ame]

^ just googled it

...seems kinda ironic coming from a malternative

:off:

You know what is funny, I have been reading a lot about Soy and it seems that false marketing on the internet may account for some of the 'scare' of Soy that many people have. What is interesting is that Asians have been eating curd and other products for a very long time without the claimed negative effects that Soy has on the system. However, these are wholesome products, not highly processed foods or Isoflavone extracts, etc. Some claim this is negative marketing from the Milk producers.

Interstingly enough, Mike's Hard Lemonade is the money maker that supports a reputable wine conglomerate here in BC.

They despise the product, but exploit it's revenues to invest in their primary interests.

I don't like soy because it tastes like salty liquid ass, not because of any negative marketing campaign.

I do like the new Mike's commercial, where a guy says "let's market it for fat guys!" then looks around to the two fat guys staring at him. C'mon, it's better than most of the tripe out there!

"There's no such thing as soy milk... It's soy juice. You know how I know there's no such thing as soy milk?.. Because there's no soy titty, is there?!" - Lewis Black

"Mike's hard lemonade. For discerning hootch drinkers the world over." - me

Lewis Blacks comments on Soy Milk at 2:20 in this great 10 minute segment:

[youtube]tXS5GBuk-GQ[/youtube]

Back