Small Town Brewery - Not Your Father's Root Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in SO any version of it, the whole idea of Root Beer disgusts me, an alcoholic version straight up repulses me.

Wait, "the whole idea of Root Beer" disgusts you? What does that even mean?
28770.jpg

Seems a little overwrought to say that the "whole idea disgusts you" of a thing flavored with something you simply don't care for, unless you had some sort of bizarre childhood trauma involving Germolene. I mean, I don't really care for, to give an example, Campari, but I wouldn't say that the "idea" of it disgusts me.

I remember being a kid, I'd always ask for "Mug" root beer because of those commercials. They would go on and on about the foam being so thick, I was sold!
Then I found out IBC root beer came in glass bottles and I wanted those more, because glass.

Eventually Josta became my soda of choice, weird that I say soda now but I suppose 8 years in Florida will do that to you. I used to call it "Pop" being from Ohio.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I haven't had root beer in a long time but I used to like it as a kid. Problem was I would get stomach aches, IDK if it was the sugar or caffeine or both but man they sucked. I haven't had a stomach ache like that for nearly 15 years, but I'll say this NYFRB gave me the exact same stomach ache when I tried it.

Now if somebody were to make a Not your father's Josta I'd be all over that ****.

Not in SO any version of it, the whole idea of Root Beer disgusts me, an alcoholic version straight up repulses me.
I hate root beer, but this beer is killer. The vanilla helps. Makes it taste more like a cream soda.

I love these in small doses (ie one beer total). Have had many of all three ABV versions. I don't really understand the hate these are getting. I don't like pumpkin beers but I don't cry about them for hours on end online. Though it doesn't really matter anyways, craft beer fans are not their target audience.

This product is the worst thing to happen to beer in a while. It's a cheaply produced back-sweetened malt liquor that is very successful at taking market share away from craft. You bet your ass more of the same will follow.

As for my personal opinion, even urine would taste delicious if you added this much root beer flavoring and syrup to it.

Basically why I haven't sought this out at all. Trojan horse root beer.

https://sassylilbiscuit.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/what-the-****-gif-lol.gif

Well, Michael Jackson was not merely the King of Pop, you see. He was also very adept at having sex with children, an activity that is greatly facilitated by the use of sweet-tasting alcoholic beverages.

Back