Waxed floss ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotbags-10

Reaction score
Wanting to dry hop in my keg tying a paint strainer bag to my handle with floss. All I can find is waxed floss. It's unflavored at least. I'm going to boil my bag and tube. Should I throw the floss in there as well?

I've used fishing line and twine with no problems so I can't see waxed floss being an issue. I just use my spray bottle sanitizer on the bag and line/twine. So far, so good.

Wanting to dry hop in my keg tying a paint strainer bag to my handle with floss. All I can find is waxed floss. It's unflavored at least. I'm going to boil my bag and tube. Should I throw the floss in there as well?

Unless you have significant debris on them, I'd just soak everything in sanitizer for 10-15 min. Surprised you can't find unwaxed floss. Oral B, J & J, GUM, Listerine, Gillette to name just a few.

Yeah out of 20 different kinds at Walmart all were waxed. I want to boil my racking tube because it needs a good clean and my bag especially since it's new and stinky. Smells like chemical. Would the boil strip the wax

Yeah out of 20 different kinds at Walmart all were waxed. I want to boil my racking tube because it needs a good clean and my bag especially since it's new and stinky. Smells like chemical. Would the boil strip the wax

Probably would strip the wax, but I think that would be to your advantage. Good luck!

Back