Was anyone a lot better looking a few years ago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jolly McStanson

Reaction score
Well I was looking though some stuff and came across some old drivers licence's. I was much better looking a few years ago. I have a double chin and my face is puffy now with bags under my eyes lol. I used to have a flat stomach, now I can set a pint of beer on the top of it wile I'm standing.

I'm blaming it on all the beer drinking I do. I wouldn't have to try too hard to empty a five gallon keg in a week, and that's with out help. But I love brewing so much I guess being ugly now is a price ill have to pay, lololol. As long as the woman dont mind, I dont mind.

I wonder how Bruce Springsteen dose it. Hes like 60 something and he looks good and trim. Or how about Clint Eastwood. Hes like 80 now and he doesnt look to bad. John Madden is over seventy and hes fat and still looks good.

And john elway is like 40 something and looks like he just called out a grave in the middle of the Sahara

I was a bit thinner, but I have a face only my SWMBO and mom love..... What's that honey, I'm an ugly bastard?

All I can say is its a damn good thing I'm happily married:p I've been on a diet since the new year and I've lost 5 lbs. so far, only 15-20 to go and I'll be back down to a pretty decent weight, although no where near where I was back in my 20's. Oh well, I love the brew what can I say:drunk:

Cheers

The biggest thing... I had hair 10 years ago. Full, thick and long down to the small of my back. Women LOVED my hair, especially my wife. I was asked to model by two different agencies! Now I'm an old bald guy!

I've always been a "butterface" but it seems like old age hit me hard. I'm still fairly thin and athletic, but all my body parts are rearranged.

I say I still have the body I did 25 years ago, everything is just 2 inches lower.

The biggest thing... I had hair 10 years ago. Full, thick and long down to the small of my back. Women LOVED my hair, especially my wife. I was asked to model by two different agencies! Now I'm an old bald guy!

I had my picture with a local model agency in my early 20s but never got any work. I have the Dave Letterman hair now with an island in the front. But Dave doesn't have neck fat like I do. You know when your chin is part of your chest.

dataz722 said:
And john elway is like 40 something and looks like he just called out a grave in the middle of the Sahara

Ya I noticed that too.

The grey started for me a long time ago. I turn 40 this year and am at least 50/50. I put on about 20 pounds since college too. But hell, blood pressure is low and cholesterol is under 200. I quit smoking since college too, so I figure the 20 lbs. is worth that trade off.

I think between 40 and 50 men go through a "menopause" where the testosterone levels decline rapidly and the estrogen levels increase. This makes dropping the weight harder and energy levels drop.
I'll gain weight and then it stops going up. I'll still do the same thing but my weight doesn't go up or down. I know if I get active it will drop but the energy is just not there. To answer your question, yes. :)

Well I don't know. I'm about 30 pounds thinner than I was a year ago, but the gray hair has increased exponentially. And my face just looks...older. I dunno.........

I turn 32 in a month or so... I weigh the same that I did my senior year in HS... 158 pounds. I think I look better than I did years ago, because I finally went bald, it is a good look!
:mug:

Im 42, and one thing that hits hard is pictures, people will snap a pic of me sitting on a couch reading a story to my little daughter and i will look at it and say: "OMG do i really look that old and ugly?".

I hate pics... :(

I"ll be 41 this year and I have to confess, I dont like looking at up dated pic's of my self these days, my homebrew obsession is starting to show if you know what I mean. I first noticed the reality of it when I updated my concealed carry permit, Damn... Anyone have a Low carb beer extract recipe? On second thought, screw it, BEER ME!:D

Nope! "Not unattractive" is good as I ever got. Getting to the the age where alive is all that matters.

I went from "Devilishly handsome" in my twenties, to looking like a f*cked up version of my dad in my early fifties. Meh, My dad was a good guy though. And all my wrinkles are laugh lines. :)

I still weigh what I did when I graduated high school in '86 (155), no gray hair and I get carded all the time. I have been blessed with extremely good genes.:D

Yes and no. First of all, I am only 26, so the gray and baldness hasn't really hit me. In fact, baldness doesn't really run in my family, so I don't expect it to be a problem with me (famous last words I know). Plus, I have always been a bit of a babyface, so being a few years older has actually made me look better in that regard.

However, 4 years ago I was in the best shape of my life. I had a six pack, and was lifting weights 4-5 times a week. Then life happened. I went back to college, got involved in a serious relationship (now married), got a 45 hour a week job, a dog etc etc. Working out got put on the back burner. I ended up gaining about 25 pounds altogether. When I got to 190 lbs I decided I was going to get back in shape. I had gotten down to 180 and was gaining strength when I broke my leg. Needless to say, that put a damper on working out. And not only that, I was basically immobile for about a month. I gained all of the weight back.

However, the leg is better now and I am back to working out 5 days a week. Sometimes twice a day. I haven't lost much weight yet. Only a couple of pounds, but I am getting my strength back and my clothes are fitting looser. I am hoping to be back in the shape I was 4 years ago by the end of March.

This woul be funny if it wasn't true...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAasBKP39xo&feature=related]YouTube - Life is short[/ame]

How did you lose the weight?

Through a radical program: Eating intelligently and exercising regularly. There's really no secret to it. It was more a matter of breaking bad habits and forming good habits. It was very tough for a few months or so, but the payoff was more than worth it. Now, it's just the way I live, and I hardly think about it.

TL

I don't really have to worry about it being in the army. We run a lot. Though even if I wasn't in the army I would still run, I just like staying in shape.

I have my winter weight on now...should lose it over the next month or so. I'm sure it will become more difficult as the years progress. I'll just have to be more careful about what I eat...that midnight burger and fries last night really hit the spot :D

I am roughly 45lbs lighter than I was 10 years ago. So I think I look better. Moving to Colorado got me outdoors more and having lived in Boulder made me appreciate and learn a healthier way of living

How you look is too objective and after a while you get to the "I don’t give a $hit point." Been married for 35 years, so who am I trying to impress?

But I’ve been running for a long time and the clock doesn’t lie. Getting old sucks! :(

Edit:
So, where are all the before and after pictures?

I use a program called Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle by Tom Venutto. IT is by far the best program I have ever tried and I have tried quite a few. He does not just t4each you how to workout and eat but gives you the science behind eating well and it's effects on the body

bobbyseacrets.bmp

Steps:
1. Get Married
2. Throw out leather pants.
3. Gain 35 pounds.
4. Lose head hair.
5. Gain facial hair.

bobbybeerfeb09.jpg

Back