Want to make a Riesling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animuL

Reaction score
I've been brewing beer for years but just recently tried my hand at wine-making. I bought a kit from a local supply place and made a tasty cab sauv. I've got some friends getting married in October and I thought, how fun would that be to run a batch for their wedding as a gift to them and 20-30 of their guests? I asked them what they would like and a Riesling was the answer. So as I am new to making wine, and far from a wine connoisseur, I thought I might see if anyone can point me in the right direction. Is there a kit I should go after or just buy the ingredients separately? This does not need to be the greatest Riesling ever made but instead should probably be a "safe" recipe so I don't put a bad taste in everyone's mouth. I'll be making 6 gallons.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Go with a kit. Higher the price the higher the quality. Pick whickever price range/quality you are comfortable with. They are easy and fairly fool proof. Just folow the directions.
Besides, grapes are not in season yet, so fresh juice or grapes will be hard to come by:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

Back