Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next big hype is the Division they want 100 bucks for the Game plus the season pass. Well the Beta came out and like most really hyped games this year it looks like its totally going to suck. Why do games suck so bad right now...its really annyoing.

On another note. If you have Xbox 1 download Smite its totally free (you can pay 20 dollars if you wish to help unlock things faster but not necessary) and its a fantastic game ive spend many ...many...hours playing.

Cause everyone only pays attention to Triple A games. The division has been hyped ever since they first revealed it at E3 years ago. Seen a lot of people pre0order it just to get in the Beta and then cancel the pre-oreder after playing the Beta.

XCOM 2 which is pretty low on peoples radar is dropping this Friday and XCOM Enemy Unknown (and Enemy Within expansion) is IMO one of the best games ive played in the last few years.

I just want to go home and see how far I can progress in solo GRifts. I'm hoping 65-70.

Thats about where I am. Up to t5 or 6 level. Slow going though.

T5/T6 is roughly greater rift 25ish I believe. T10 is ~45. I'm somewhere in the T12 area haha

I can carry you through some T10 rifts or lvl50 GRifts if you'd like. Just message me if I'm online

Oh dear lord I'm loving the Flash Fire wizard build I linked earlier. The gear isn't even complete and i'm melting everything I can reach....as long as I can kill an elite pack or a champion elite every 15 seconds. And with the mobility stats I've picked up, that's not much of a problem.

I have not had this happen. Which settlement?

Covenant.

When I turned in a quest to Preston, he said to go to Covenant to shore up defenses. You go there, build some defenses, and repel the attack. Then you are supposed to talk to inhabitants of the town. When you talk to the main guy, he doesn't say anything about helping out with the town. He just says to watch out for Dan (part of another quest). When you leave the town and go back to Sanctuary, you get a message that you completed the task of talking to the people. Then when you turn in the quest, you only have the option of telling Preston "Bad news about that settlement" so you fail the quest. Probably not a gamebreaker but it's annoying. Bethesda is releasing a patch this week so maybe it will get addressed. It is a known bug if you search for defend covenant glitch. I haven't found a workaround yet. Maybe taking Preston as a companion would help.....

T5/T6 is roughly greater rift 25ish I believe. T10 is ~45. I'm somewhere in the T12 area haha

I can carry you through some T10 rifts or lvl50 GRifts if you'd like. Just message me if I'm online

Yeah, realized that when I logged in yesterday afternoon. Thats what I get for talking about something I hadnt played the day prior. I just need to build myself up stronger. I seem to have plateaued on found equipment and probably need to start working on a build so I can actually contribute during higher level Grifts, etc.

Just did GR65 on my Thornsader. Barely made it in time, whew. Not bad for a guy I created on Saturday...

Getting the Invoker set kind of hurt the game for me. It's so easy now. Don't even use resource and kill GR guardians in 4 super fast melee hits? Come on. What are you using for a weapon?

Getting the Invoker set kind of hurt the game for me. It's so easy now. Don't even use resource and kill GR guardians in 4 super fast melee hits? Come on. What are you using for a weapon?

Don't know about him, but I'm using a pigsticker with 340dps. The weapon damage is completely useless for invoker; it's a pure stat stick. You just want the fastest hitting weapon available.

So, I wasn't going to pick up the DLC for Black Ops 3. My multiplayer challenge completion is around 80% at prestige 10 and am pretty close to finishing all the camo challenges for dark matter. The game was updating, so I browsed the PS Store while I waited for wife to get home. They made a new "Replacer" commercial for it and I love Peter Stormare. The first DLC was $14.99, I won't need any further DLC for it so I just picked it up. The new maps are what the originally released maps should've been.

While I was on the store, I noticed Helldivers is free to PS Plus members. I've been looking at that game for a while and debating picking it up; the trailer was put together well, I was sold. I played through the tutorial in about 10 minutes and did one match/map whatever you call it. For a top down point and shoot game, it's got a lot to it with different weapons and airstrike-like things you can call in. However, playing with 3 other people in a public match was frustrating while still learning. You all have to be in the same general vicinity, so there is a lot of pushing and pulling as you could imagine. It makes sense, a lot of the game is built around calling in support that drops from the sky and will splatter players under it, its a fun bit of content.. just hard to run through an area smoothly with 3 other minds pulling you. Will be a fun couch co-op if there is a way to play 2 instead of 4 player.

While I was on the store, I noticed Helldivers is free to PS Plus members. I've been looking at that game for a while and debating picking it up; the trailer was put together well, I was sold. I played through the tutorial in about 10 minutes and did one match/map whatever you call it. For a top down point and shoot game, it's got a lot to it with different weapons and airstrike-like things you can call in. However, playing with 3 other people in a public match was frustrating while still learning. You all have to be in the same general vicinity, so there is a lot of pushing and pulling as you could imagine. It makes sense, a lot of the game is built around calling in support that drops from the sky and will splatter players under it, its a fun bit of content.. just hard to run through an area smoothly with 3 other minds pulling you. Will be a fun couch co-op if there is a way to play 2 instead of 4 player.

I haven't played Helldivers, but IIRC it's made by the same people that made Magicka. Which is an awesome game. I highly recommend checking it out if possible.

Pigsticker for the stats. Not a good roll though. I'm trying to farm Ancients though for a LoN maybe shield build.

I'm trying to farm Ancients though for a LoN maybe shield build.

I don't think I can give up the thorns build, it's the safest I've ever felt on high difficulty in hardcore and I still haven't made it high enough to make it a challenge yet. I'll likely use him just to farm ancient gear. As I go T10++, drops are quite frequent. Once I get a pile of ancients in the stash, I'll probably roll a Barbarian to use some of them.

I don't think I can give up the thorns build, it's the safest I've ever felt on high difficulty in hardcore and I still haven't made it high enough to make it a challenge yet. I'll likely use him just to farm ancient gear. As I go T10++, drops are quite frequent. Once I get a pile of ancients in the stash, I'll probably roll a Barbarian to use some of them.

Oh yeah definitely, if you are doing HC then I'd stick with Invoker. Do you have Convention of Elements? I just cubed that last night and it's drastic how much difference it made. During those 4secs on physical buff it's many billions.

Oh yeah definitely, if you are doing HC then I'd stick with Invoker. Do you have Convention of Elements?

Hmm, I think I do. The damage isn't even an issue yet which is ridiculous. The only thing holding me back is not having enough Rift Keys to work my way up in the GRifts. I need to get a solid hangover some day and just sit down and farm keys/bounty materials. Otherwise, my ADD is too strong.

edit: I don't concern myself with best in slot and all that, I just play by how it feels.. if I'm surviving and killing, IDGAF.. that being said, are you saying thorns scales off phys. dmg then? I haven't even rerolled any gear yet. Just get what drops and let it ride.

Hmm, I think I do. The damage isn't even an issue yet which is ridiculous. The only thing holding me back is not having enough Rift Keys to work my way up in the GRifts. I need to get a solid hangover some day and just sit down and farm keys/bounty materials. Otherwise, my ADD is too strong.

edit: I don't concern myself with best in slot and all that, I just play by how it feels.. if I'm surviving and killing, IDGAF.. that being said, are you saying thorns scales off phys. dmg then? I haven't even rerolled any gear yet. Just get what drops and let it ride.

Yes. But not +phys% skill damage. It's tricky. I don't quite have the handle on it, but on items when they do +phys damage your Thorns doesnt increase, but it will increase bombardment if you are using that. But the CoE buff will increase thorns damage. Put it in the cube and try it out. When it's on rotation pop your iron will and just watch them melt.

Somethin like that. I think for standard thorns only strength and thorns modifiers scale it.

Finally got a full day to myself yesterday and took full advantage of the double xp on Black Ops 3. In a very short amount of time, I went from Prestige 9 level 20 to Prestige 10 level 20. Besides finishing up camo challenges on a lot of guns, I was playing demolition and getting minimum 40k xp per match.

Nice. My boys play the Nuketown playlists and make it look easy. Were getting same results as you. I've avoided objective-based types because I always seem to get on the team getting throttled. I'm almost to diamond for the LMGs and launchers.

Oh yeah definitely, if you are doing HC then I'd stick with Invoker. Do you have Convention of Elements? I just cubed that last night and it's drastic how much difference it made. During those 4secs on physical buff it's many billions.

I'm having awful luck with rings and amulets, hence why I'm using focus+restraint. No CoE, no Justice Lantern, only one Unity, no Traveller's pledge... No LoN rings...

Not having great luck with shields either.

As an aside, should we just make a Diablo 3-specific thread?

I've avoided objective-based types because I always seem to get on the team getting throttled.

Doesn't that suck? Whenever I'm not working on anything specific to a game mode, I play Domination. It's my baby. Last night I went 57 kills/8 deaths on Fringe and my team lost 200 to 80 something. You almost have to go in with a group of like-minded individuals or you'll just get stomped.

As an aside, should we just make a Diablo 3-specific thread?

Not sure it's necessary unless you're specifically looking to form groups and stuff. This thread will be taken over by a single game for stretches of time. It was Fallout for a month straight, then it calmed down.

giphy.gif

Yeah I watched last year's E3 gameplay footage that's on youtube and it looks great. Too bad my PC is likely way too **** to play it ><

I really want to be excited for this games release.

But I am getting really tired of spending $60 to $80+ on a game at release. Only to see it discounted less than a year later for about half.

... which is why I almost never buy games at release. Only exceptions in recent years would be GTA V for PC (never played it on consoles) and Fallout 4.

I'm really excited for this game, so assuming nothing game-breaking about it comes to light during the first few days of release, I'll be picking it up.

... which is why I almost never buy games at release. Only exceptions in recent years would be GTA V for PC (never played it on consoles) and Fallout 4.

I'm really excited for this game, so assuming nothing game-breaking about it comes to light during the first few days of release, I'll be picking it up.

I get suckered in by childish excitement (sometimes my own) and cheap pre-release bonuses for crappy gear/maps I'll never use.

I get suckered in by childish excitement (sometimes my own) and cheap pre-release bonuses for crappy gear/maps I'll never use.

Same.. well, that and boredom with what I currently have despite the fact that I may have not even played it. Prime example being Fallout. Had to have it. Knew I wouldn't like it. Played it for a day. Shelfed.

Same.. well, that and boredom with what I currently have despite the fact that I may have not even played it. Prime example being Fallout. Had to have it. Knew I wouldn't like it. Played it for a day. Shelfed.

I did it with Halo. I am not a Halo fan, but my boys are. I thought for sure the $80 spent would be justified. Nope. COD Black OPs released soon after and they never looked back.

That's how I was with Evil Within. Got all stoked with the previews, bought it when it first came out, played it a few days and then quickly lost interest. I'm usually a sucker for the horror/survival games but that one just sucked...

That's how I was with Evil Within. Got all stoked with the previews, bought it when it first came out, played it a few days and then quickly lost interest. I'm usually a sucker for the horror/survival games but that one just sucked...

YES! And Outlast. But, fortunately, I got that on discount and do not feel obligated to play it.

Until I replaced my 360 I felt obligated to play Evil Within to get some ROI from it.

I'm usually a sucker for the horror/survival games but that one just sucked...

I know it's not really horror, but the last game outside of current ones that I truly enjoyed for a decent while was Dying Light and I'm not a fan of zombie anything. Think they're stupid. That game was highly entertaining and smooth as funk.

YES! And Outlast. But, fortunately, I got that on discount and do not feel obligated to play it.

Until I replaced my 360 I felt obligated to play Evil Within to get some ROI from it.

I actually really enjoyed outlast. Of course I also streamed it on twitch and I think the viewer interaction made it more entertaining, since when I stream I subconsciously play things up a bit. I enjoyed the game for the most part though. I may have felt different if I had spent more than the $8 I spent though.

I need to try streaming sometime. I've had friends watch me through the steam audience thing, but never used twitch.

Now that I'm starting to get pretty damn well geared in Diablo (finally got the ammy and rings I wanted last night) i'm starting to clear mid-60 GRifts with ease. Can probably get to high 60s/70 with a bit of work.

I need to try streaming sometime. I've had friends watch me through the steam audience thing, but never used twitch.

Now that I'm starting to get pretty damn well geared in Diablo (finally got the ammy and rings I wanted last night) i'm starting to clear mid-60 GRifts with ease. Can probably get to high 60s/70 with a bit of work.

I'll watch if it's hardcore mode. Speaking of which, almost got my buddies wizard killed two nights ago. He wanted me to help him with my crusader, so I said sure.. turn it up as much as you feel safe. I just pushed and pushed, he wasn't getting hit.. got cocky. Turned it up too far and a little spear got through and triggered his 'cheat death' passive. A second one took him to ~10% health.

So close...

Streaming can be fun, especially if you enjoy entertaining people. You won't get much of a crowd just by playing a game though, gotta interact with the viewers, joke, overreact lol I overreacted to so many jump scares on outlast just to entertain the viewers. I wish I had stuck with streaming, I was growing fast. My first month I had 100 followers and a 20 viewer per stream average.

You should definitely give it a try, it's a lot of fun.

I'll watch if it's hardcore mode. Speaking of which, almost got my buddies wizard killed two nights ago. He wanted me to help him with my crusader, so I said sure.. turn it up as much as you feel safe. I just pushed and pushed, he wasn't getting hit.. got cocky. Turned it up too far and a little spear got through and triggered his 'cheat death' passive. A second one took him to ~10% health.

So close...

Definite oh **** moment there xD

Back