Update..and taste question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockit

Reaction score
This is what I started with.....
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/critique-first-wort-92582/
Lots of blow off for two days and then it started to fall back it. I swapped on an airlock and had to put it on a heating pad to warm it up some.

I duct taped the remote sensor from my bbq thermometer about 1/2 way up the side. Temp stayed between 65 and 67. Now it's been 10 days and I've seen no signs of fermentation for two days. I pulled a sample just now and it is spot on at 02.

Very clear and a nice "beer" color. Tasted it and it is VERY harsh. I can only describe it as "Coors Light and vodka mixed".

I have about an inch if trub with a 3/8" yeast cake at the bottom of the carboy. Should I bottle now? Let it mature a little more?:confused:

I would like it to mellow and develop more flavor.

What say Ya'll?

Let it sit. Time will only help it. Bottle after like two weeks. Your beer will mellow out over the coming weeks, and maybe a couple of months.

Does sitting on the trub make a difference? Should I rack to a secondary so it's not sitting on it the whole time?

I thought I filtered well enough but it appears as though quite a bit of the hops made it through. What is an average amount of trub to have after fermentation?

Back