Twisted tea? Scored some mcd's sweet tea!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainebrew

Reaction score
Picking this up this afternoon and I am anxious to see what the SG of this is? If it is around 1.050 right out of the shoot I am going to jus tpitch some yeast, any ideas on what yeast I should use? I was thinking a notti or a s-05 I would like to keep some sweetness.

:mug:

Hmm... never had twisted tea - but a few thoughts:

1) Fermented "sweet tea" from McDonalds will probably taste nothing like twisted tea. It probably will be pretty nasty and a waste of good sweet tea! McD sweet team = yummy, but after its all fermented out I can't imagine it being good or tasting like tea...

2) I can almost guarantee twisted tea is artificially "tea" flavored and/or back-sweetened after fermentation.

3) No clue what they use to sweeten McD tea, but if they use artificial sweetener/sweetnlow/splenda type "sugar", etc. it may not even ferment. If they use normal sugar in that sweet tea, it takes A LOT of sugar b/c that tea is pretty darn sweet!

Maybe you can pull it off - but I think it will take some backsweetening and maybe some tea flavoring/powder afterwards to get it back to tasting like sweet, hard tea... Let us know how it turns out!

Latest posts

Back