Hop Seltzer Concentrate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superdave

Reaction score
Finally got around to setting up an old kegerator I was given a few years ago. As silly as it may seem, I'm currently choosing to not put beer in it right now.

But I bought a small keg and made a big keg of plain carbonated water. Been playing with different flavorings and simple syrup, added to the glass and filled with the carbonated water. (Something like an Italian Soda, I suppose.)
I have also been occasionally buying this hop spritz drink.

What I'd like to do is make some kind of hop concentrate that I could do the same thing with. I don't want to add the hops directly to the keg, since we're using the water for other drinks.

I bought an ounce of Cascade pellets while picking up supplies for the kegerator. Was thinking of just adding them to a flip top bottle to soak for a while, then pouring that hop tea through a coffee filter into another bottle for use. Thoughts? Any other ideas on how to do this?

I'm looking into a similar system to combine with a carbonator.

I'm thinking the soaking method may be tough because of oxidation. I haven't tried it completely yet, but am assuming you would need to do the same process to an extract as you would with any beer, e.g. purge all oxygen from the process up to and including into when you mix it.

I've prepared a hop tea myself and am trying how it turns out pretty soon. Dry-hopping seltzer is a simple option but ideally like you I'd like an extract that would remove having to deal with the hop junk in a serving vessel.

EDIT: Discovered this video, thought you'd be interested:

Last edited:
Back