Troubleshooting No bubbling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i know fermenter bubbles isn't always acurate.....but damn it, i like to listen to my fermenter bubble!

i have a vittels vault, it has a gamma lid, i drilled a 5/8" hole, for 5/8 O.D tube....wrapped some electrical tape around the end and stuck in, it's pretty tight. and NO BUBBLES!

i used the gamma lid with 185-190f water once to pasturize it, but i replaced the o-ring, and still no bubbles! i don't know where it could be leaking from...any ideas?

1625440031922.png

try some blu tack around the hole where the pipe comes out to improve the seal in this area.

Also sure that the other end of the tube isn't in the beer?

That's a pretty tight bend in the tubing. A longer tube with a gentler bend would put less stress on the rubber grommet.

yep, it's just through the lid....i think the actual seal in the lid that snaps onto a bucket got f'd from the pasturizing.....

Oh maybe, plastic can warp pretty easy while hot, that could be your issue.
You could also try pressurizing that vessel at accentuate the leak with some starsan spray.

Back