Tri-clamp HERMS coil installation questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaJoe

Reaction score
I'd like to install tri-clamps inside my HLT to connect my HERMS coil to. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this without using any thread components?

Should I just get a hole punched and have two ferrules welded in? Think this could be done with silver soldering instead? I was thinking just to install a long ferrule thru the keg wall and then drill a hole into a cap and silver solder that to the other end of the ferrule outside the keg.

Something similar to this:
HL-any-TW-RF-SG-CL.jpg

I would have it welded personally. But that's just me. Do it once and never do it again.

I also have the stout kettle above with the herms coil in it...so maybe i'm biased to welding?

I just had 4 triclamp fittings welded to a keg for something else and it cost me 150ish in the end. I thought it was money well spent.

I'd like to install tri-clamps inside my HLT to connect my HERMS coil to. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this without using any thread components?

Should I just get a hole punched and have two ferrules welded in? Think this could be done with silver soldering instead? I was thinking just to install a long ferrule thru the keg wall and then drill a hole into a cap and silver solder that to the other end of the ferrule outside the keg.

Something similar to this:
HL-any-TW-RF-SG-CL.jpg

I attached mine to the lid and it serves double-duty as an immersion chiller. The threaded fitting on the camlock fittings with a couple of stainless steel washers holds it nice and tight. No leaks.

DSCN0449.jpg

DSCN0447.jpg

Latest posts

Back