Travel to Scandinavia?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember right, the price for whiskey was for a "fingers" worth.

The prices are for 1 centiliter pours which I believe is about 1/3 oz? I kind of liked the small pours though since you could sample more variety without getting wrecked.

Akkurat is amazing though and was a highlight of our trip last month. Can't wait to go back in January!

The prices are for 1 centiliter pours which I believe is about 1/3 oz? I kind of liked the small pours though since you could sample more variety without getting wrecked.

Akkurat is amazing though and was a highlight of our trip last month. Can't wait to go back in January!

Loved Akkurat, I could have spent a lot of kronor there.

Had a wonderful time in Stockholm (i.e. Akkurat) this weekend! Much thanks to HenrikO and jisak74 for sharing some awesome beers and spending the night drinking with us!

Also, Soleil de Minuit is drinking fantastically right now.
Awesome night indeed! Thanks again for the 10 (!) growlers you brought... I've worked my way through 4 of them so far!
See you again for sure!

Had a wonderful time in Stockholm (i.e. Akkurat) this weekend! Much thanks to HenrikO and jisak74 for sharing some awesome beers and spending the night drinking with us!

Also, Soleil de Minuit is drinking fantastically right now.

Fantastic evening! And thank you guys for a short but excellent hotel room share!

Looks like I'm attending a wedding in Copenhagen in late August. I'd love to turn this into a much longer trip but I almost feel spoiled with choices. I'm not sure how many events I'll be obliged to attend that are wedding-related but I suspect I would be in Copenhagen for at least 4 days. Beyond that, though... I'm completely open to suggestions.

If I fly Icelandair, I can tack on an extended layover in Reykjavik. Do I want to do that? Or do I stick around Scandinavia? Or go south to Germany? Or Belgium?! I know parts of Europe empty out, basically, for all of August - will I find that as much in Eastern Europe? Will it matter?!

Also, why did my cousin wait until, practically, the last minute to schedule his wedding?!

Looks like I'm attending a wedding in Copenhagen in late August. I'd love to turn this into a much longer trip but I almost feel spoiled with choices. I'm not sure how many events I'll be obliged to attend that are wedding-related but I suspect I would be in Copenhagen for at least 4 days. Beyond that, though... I'm completely open to suggestions.

If I fly Icelandair, I can tack on an extended layover in Reykjavik. Do I want to do that? Or do I stick around Scandinavia? Or go south to Germany? Or Belgium?! I know parts of Europe empty out, basically, for all of August - will I find that as much in Eastern Europe? Will it matter?!

Also, why did my cousin wait until, practically, the last minute to schedule his wedding?!

I would definitely do an extended layover in Iceland. Copenhagen is a great city, just got back, you can hit all the good museums, food spots, sights and beer places in three to four days. Stockholm is a short flight and a longer train ride, so you can tick Akkurat. Then skip over to Belgium.

Last edited:

Did a similar trip a couple of years ago, got cheap tix to Copenhagen and home via Stockholm on SAS. In between we went to Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and France. There are lots of low cost airlines that you can fly around Europe on too.

Gotta catch up on this thread as I am headed to Sweden at the beginning of July. HenrikO will you be around?

Hey travelers! I live in Stockholm (half a mile from Akkurat).
Feel free to hit me up if you're coming to Stockholm.
I can provide some good tips, share a bottle with you at Akkurat and/or trade a couple of bottles if you're into that!

Cheers!

I will be in copenhagen from 05 till 08 august. so if anyone wants to grab a beer. please do! i'm travelling alone, so it would be nice to meet up with some people.

after that i'm going to my family (near goteborg) by train from copenhagen. wich brings me through Helsingborg... i'm a big brewski fan, and i was wondering if you can visit their brewery and sample some beers there?

Reading this thread today got me like:
200w.gif

A gorgeous summer day of walking through Gamla Stan, hiking up that bridge to Södermalm, and there it appears to two weary travelers like a Shangri-La bearing 'loons and Oppigårds Eldorado. Seriously, Akkurat is a magical place.

Will be in Stockholm 3/16-3/18 and CPH from 3/19-3/23 from California. Any tips? I'm traveling with non-beer people, but I'm staying near Akkurat so I plan to sneak over there while in Stockholm. I see there's an anniversary at Mikkeller & Friends, anyone have any word on if I should fear my girlfriend's wrath going there?

Will be in Stockholm 3/16-3/18 and CPH from 3/19-3/23 from California. Any tips? I'm traveling with non-beer people, but I'm staying near Akkurat so I plan to sneak over there while in Stockholm. I see there's an anniversary at Mikkeller & Friends, anyone have any word on if I should fear my girlfriend's wrath going there?

Mikkeller and Friends is a great place, I wouldn't miss it.

Does your girlfriend hate beer?

Mine digs it but is not the biggest fan. It is all about balance for us when traveling. For example, when we were in Stockholm we went to the really interesting photography museum, Fotografiska (http://fotografiska.eu/en/), and then stopped by Akkurat aftewards for a snack and beers. It was a nice short walk.

Omnipollo is a must visit too. Not to far from Akkurat. Great beers and even better pizzas.

For Copenhagen, I lost track of what Mikkeller was what. But the original one is a sweet sub floor spot that she would dig and there is a nearby restaurant. Or go to the food hall, Toverhallerne (http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/gastronomy/torvehallerne). Grab some food and they have a bottle shop too.

If you are in Copenhagen, you cannot miss Himmeriget. Blabaer, etc. on bottle list when I was there.

https://untappd.com/v/himmeriget/4320261

Does your girlfriend hate beer?
Haha - she doesn't hate it, but she doesn't like when we do something and it's all about "me."

I love your suggestions - thank you! I plan to do all of them. Do you think it's a good idea for me to bring a few things for share?

Edit: nevermind I hear it's illegal.

Haha - she doesn't hate it, but she doesn't like when we do something and it's all about "me."

I love your suggestions - thank you! I plan to do all of them. Do you think it's a good idea for me to bring a few things for share?

Edit: nevermind I hear it's illegal.

If you have space. Everyone we met was very friendly. I know you can share beers at Oblitukken. They were closed when we went by, but met the owner another time and he was great. I brought stuff to share/trade but the airline lost my bag.

Also, go to to Vasa. Coolest museum with a giant ship.

Boy do I feel blessed to have a girlfriend that loves beer as much as I do! Does anyone have any suggestions for Malmo or Helsing(or/borg)? Food recommendations would be welcome too. Doing a day trip from Copenhagen to those two areas next month.

I'll be in Stockholm on June 28th, anyone interested in hanging for a little while at Akkurat?

Boy do I feel blessed to have a girlfriend that loves beer as much as I do! Does anyone have any suggestions for Malmo or Helsing(or/borg)? Food recommendations would be welcome too. Doing a day trip from Copenhagen to those two areas next month.

Leave the G/F back in CPH or she may slap you a lot for ogling the women all day.

The girlfriend and I will be in Stockholm Saturday and Sunday July 2nd and 3rd and Wednesday - Sunday July 6 - 10. We would love to buy one of you a beer if any TBers are around. We already have Akkurat and Omnipollo on the list beer-wise, but would love any other food, bar or activity recommendations anyone may have.

The girlfriend and I will be in Stockholm Saturday and Sunday July 2nd and 3rd and Wednesday - Sunday July 6 - 10. We would love to buy one of you a beer if any TBers are around. We already have Akkurat and Omnipollo on the list beer-wise, but would love any other food, bar or activity recommendations anyone may have.

I visited Stockholm again recently, and would say Oaxen Slip was by far the best dining experience for the price. It's the more decently priced bistro part of the 2 Michelin-starred Oaxen Krog. Traditional Swedish food with a modern gourmet twist.

Apart from that, tons of great fast food, like Flippin Burgers and Barrels, Burgers & Beer,. As far as craft beer bars go, Oliver Twist is worth a visit, although Akkurat and Omnipollo should have you more than covered.

I visited Stockholm again recently, and would say Oaxen Slip was by far the best dining experience for the price. It's the more decently priced bistro part of the 2 Michelin-starred Oaxen Krog. Traditional Swedish food with a modern gourmet twist.

Apart from that, tons of great fast food, like Flippin Burgers and Barrels, Burgers & Beer,. As far as craft beer bars go, Oliver Twist is worth a visit, although Akkurat and Omnipollo should have you more than covered.

Thanks so much! Very helpful!

Iris Grand Cru and De Ranke Kriek on tap at Akkurat right now.

Oaxen Slip looks fantastic, thank you for mentionin it!

Anyone have any restaurant recs for Oslo?

Omnipollo has great pizza.

Also, if you are into photohraphy/museum/artsy ****.

http://fotografiska.eu/en/

Is worth a visit!

My wife and I did a dinner at Den Gyldene Freden last time we were in Stockholm. Cool history, romantic spot, great meal.

Latest posts

Back