Quantcast

Transport shotgun on motorcycle

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

lschiavo

This space for rent.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I brought home a brand new xr650 today. One thing I want to do with it is to go bird hunting. I would like to set up a nice secure way to transport my shotgun. I like the hardshell ATV cases but I'm not sure how to best mount one on a bike. Anyone done this or have any suggestions?

adiochiro3

Reaction score
My buddies and I have used a product similar to these on our XR's with fine success.

OP
lschiavo

lschiavo

This space for rent.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys for giving me some ideas. If you don't see me around here for a while I'm probably in jail for going with the swivel mount.

Maybe I'll see if I can find a strap type case for now. But I would really prefer to have the gun attached to the bike.

Where are you mounting those yoke style brackets? And where is a good place to get them?

BentBrewer

Reaction score
Somewhat expensive, but I'd suggest a Pelican case. Make some brackets that'd allow you to either bunjee or lock it to the bike, and you're golden.

TallahasseeBrew

Reaction score
Assuming a normal comb stocked, tube fed shotgun, not a pistol gripped, drum fed...I've seen folks use a padded, PVC pipe and end cap. Not a very big one either, mabey 4 inch diameter. just use hose clamps to secure it somewhere on the bike. Not very stylish, but it works.

I'd vote for a custom leather scabbard, mount that bitch up, terminator 2 style...but that's me, and some say I have "problems" adjusting to "normal society"