Transport shotgun on motorcycle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lschiavo

This space for rent.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brought home a brand new xr650 today. One thing I want to do with it is to go bird hunting. I would like to set up a nice secure way to transport my shotgun. I like the hardshell ATV cases but I'm not sure how to best mount one on a bike. Anyone done this or have any suggestions?

Yep.
Or remove barrel and reassemble at destination if not a huge pain.

My buddies and I have used a product similar to these on our XR's with fine success.

f250ff7c7ae44166ab390adc7794083a_r.jpg

Thanks guys for giving me some ideas. If you don't see me around here for a while I'm probably in jail for going with the swivel mount.

Maybe I'll see if I can find a strap type case for now. But I would really prefer to have the gun attached to the bike.

Where are you mounting those yoke style brackets? And where is a good place to get them?

Somewhat expensive, but I'd suggest a Pelican case. Make some brackets that'd allow you to either bunjee or lock it to the bike, and you're golden.
thumbup.gif

Assuming a normal comb stocked, tube fed shotgun, not a pistol gripped, drum fed...I've seen folks use a padded, PVC pipe and end cap. Not a very big one either, mabey 4 inch diameter. just use hose clamps to secure it somewhere on the bike. Not very stylish, but it works.

I'd vote for a custom leather scabbard, mount that ***** up, terminator 2 style...but that's me, and some say I have "problems" adjusting to "normal society"

Back