hello from seattle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apawture

Reaction score
hi! im not too good at introductions but ill try my best. im felix, i live in the seattle area, and ive been toying with the idea of making alcohol at home for about 4 years, but only recently found the time, space, and money to start! ive got something cooking now, an experimental orange-vanilla mead, thats almost ready to be bottled. i set it up back in may, with orange slices (and a blood orange!) and vanilla beans sliced in half. and in orange blossom honey, just in case that adds something. after a month, i transferred it to the container its in now, with fresh sliced vanilla bean, and its been clarifying since! i plan on bottling by the end of the month. i also want to make meads for my roommates, but theyre still thinking on the flavors they want. personally i want to try a honeysuckle-vanilla for myself next.

should i talk about me? i work nights in global corporate security(cant say for who), i have a cat named mel, but he also responds to mealmurm, and in my spare time i like to play pokemon or draw. a fun fact about me relating to alcohol: i am SUPER sensitive to the taste of tannins. i like my alcohol to be as sweet as possible, which you could probably tell based off my projects.

i included a picture of my mead! sorry if the photo isnt very good, my bedroom is lit weird. and the label was smudged, i didnt let the ink dry before moving it. it reads OR - VN 527 - 624, with OR-VN being orange-vanilla, and 527-624 being the dates it was bottled the first and second time.

Attachments

• mead on oct 13.jpg
    mead on oct 13.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 0
Back