Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not hard to find if you have connections. But, in this city? Not willing to wait hours in line? Someone like me? Slim chance of seeing BW or coffee. No chance in hell of seeing Regal or Rare. Although, I'd have no business buying Rare. Way more than I want to spend on 16oz of beer.

Agreed. I am against waiting in line for beer, and I certainly would never pay $60+ for a bottle of beer. I had to wait about two weeks after Black Friday, but I was fortunate enough to get them at a very good price. They'll be releasing the regular stuff, and maybe some of the variants a little at a time still for a couple months at least.

image.jpg

I may get flamed for this, but is BCBS worth the hype? I have had several beers that all hype and not worth it to me, while I have had some that are worth the hype.

I may get flamed for this, but is BCBS worth the hype? I have had several beers that all hype and not worth it to me, while I have had some that are worth the hype.

I honestly think its one of the better, if not the best, ba ris ive had. If you can find it for $10 a bottle its certainly worth it.

I'm your huckleberry.

It's crazy how some stuff slips through the cracks, I just got a text saying that we just got a few cases of Trappistes Rochefort 10 in. I am going to head up there in a bit and pick some up.

Awesome, what can I send your way in return? PM incoming.

Worth the hype no good yes most people are label drinkers. I seen a man taste pappy and swore he loved it 2 weeks latter same guy no label to see same bourbon said it was the worst he ever tasted. But I'm sure no one has the balls to admit they are label drinkers. He'll I am at times.

Did a little last minute Christmas shopping for myself this morning. Finally got my hands on some BCBS, looking forward to finally trying it.

20151224_105330.jpg

Worth the hype no good yes most people are label drinkers. I seen a man taste pappy and swore he loved it 2 weeks latter same guy no label to see same bourbon said it was the worst he ever tasted. But I'm sure no one has the balls to admit they are label drinkers. He'll I am at times.

It's hard not to be. We are all affected in one way or the other by labels and advertising. A couple weeks ago I found a new shop near where I work called simply Whiskey and Beer. I stopped in and started chatting with one of the employees about Burbon. I inquired about the Four Roses single barrel they had there, and asked about Pappy. He make a big point to me about drinking for taste and not labels. Then he started pouring me samples of stuff. He gave me a sample of a $40 Bourbon I'd never heard of and a sample of that Four Roses (no samples of Pappy were available). I liked the $40 Bourbon better than the $80 Four Roses, and so then bought it. Without stopping to axial do a tasting I never would have tried that Bourbon. I'm over halfway done with that bottle now (wish I could recall the name off the top of my head) and will surely be going back for more.

I've paid a lot more for beer I liked a lot less. Bcbs is a big sweet stout with lots of body and big bourbon barrel character. If you like that, you'll enjoy this. I wish it was still $3-5 per 12oz, but it's still worth the $10.

Agreed. I am against waiting in line for beer, and I certainly would never pay $60+ for a bottle of beer. I had to wait about two weeks after Black Friday, but I was fortunate enough to get them at a very good price. They'll be releasing the regular stuff, and maybe some of the variants a little at a time still for a couple months at least.

Variants are out there. They are just not hitting the floor. The local bottle shop where I leave half my check got 5 cases of regular, 2 cases of BW and 1 coffee. He promised the coffee to his loyal customers. He said that stores that received +5 cases of regular and +5 BW also got 2 cases of coffee and 2 regal. The local total wine got coffee and regal, but only 6 coffee bottles and 6 regal bottles hit the floor. The rest were bought up by employees, managers share and held for loyal customers. It sucks, but I am glad I was able to score a few variants this year.

It's hard not to be. We are all affected in one way or the other by labels and advertising. A couple weeks ago I found a new shop near where I work called simply Whiskey and Beer. I stopped in and started chatting with one of the employees about Burbon. I inquired about the Four Roses single barrel they had there, and asked about Pappy. He make a big point to me about drinking for taste and not labels. Then he started pouring me samples of stuff. He gave me a sample of a $40 Bourbon I'd never heard of and a sample of that Four Roses (no samples of Pappy were available). I liked the $40 Bourbon better than the $80 Four Roses, and so then bought it. Without stopping to axial do a tasting I never would have tried that Bourbon. I'm over halfway done with that bottle now (wish I could recall the name off the top of my head) and will surely be going back for more.

Let me know I'm a bourbon whore and I'm always looking for something new. Enjoy the holidays sir.

I've paid a lot more for beer I liked a lot less. Bcbs is a big sweet stout with lots of body and big bourbon barrel character. If you like that, you'll enjoy this. I wish it was still $3-5 per 12oz, but it's still worth the $10.

I saw cases still sitting around yesterday for $7.99 a bottle. I learned something about myself yesterday and apparently I do have self control. :D

Traded a sixer of homebrew and a bottle of BCBS for a 4 pack of Wicked Weed Pernicious IPA and a bottle of their LA Bonte` Tart Farmhouse Ale with Plum.

IMG_20151225_192211.jpg

Good to know! I'm really looking forward to the plum. And my nephew had never had BCBS and was happy. High fives all around!

Quoting an old post here, got some of those jellies for Christmas. Have anything particularly good with them? Thinking of making kolacky with some...

I haven't broken into any of them yet. Figured I'd look at the recipes on their website and figure out something from there. I'm thinking chicken wings, maybe some kind of sticky buns things, ???. If you come up with anything tasty, let me know.

I haven't broken into any of them yet. Figured I'd look at the recipes on their website and figure out something from there. I'm thinking chicken wings, maybe some kind of sticky buns things, ???. If you come up with anything tasty, let me know.

Well, I had some on my toast this morning. Not the best use of it. :)

Latest posts

Back