Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@beermeduffman, you magnificent bastard! Just cracked this open and this **** is siiiiiiiick! Even the kid wanted to try it. Thanks for the hookup!

View attachment 327092

Bacon was meant to be enjoyed as a jelly or jam. Somebody needs to write a kamasutra style book on bacon, seriously lol
I just ordered and received in two jars of a stout based bacon jam.

Some west coast to east coast love

image.jpg

made a mistake and went to the beer store...

0102161809 by Noah Scott, on Flickr
Ah well! money well spent though...

4 x 2016 Bigfoot
2 x 2015 Bigfoot
2013 Widmer Old Embalmer
Commons Unconquerable Sun (their anniversary beer)
2011 Hair of the dog Doggie Claws
2011 Maraige Parfait
2015 Mother of all storms

:confused: They're selling them for $15 in the tap room. Crazy...

I think more and more breweries are doing this to try to make up for some of the costs of distribution. There's a brewery here where the package price on site is 50 cents to a buck higher than bottle shops. It's not much but, unless super limited, I don't fall for that anymore.

:confused: They're selling them for $15 in the tap room. Crazy...

I'm sure most places around here that have it are more than $15. In PA, markup isn't tightly restricted so a place like the Beer Store or Foodery will jack it up to something like 20 (just guessing.) The place I frequent is family owned/operated and he always applies the same margin for shelf turds or limited releases.

I think more and more breweries are doing this to try to make up for some of the costs of distribution. There's a brewery here where the package price on site is 50 cents to a buck higher than bottle shops. It's not much but, unless super limited, I don't fall for that anymore.

What? I don't understand the logic behind this.

Here a brewery will sell a bottle for say, $12 w/tax. The bottle shops will sell it for $12-14 + tax. I'm pretty sure the brewery is getting maybe $8 from the distributor, so they already make way more if they sell it in house.

Here a brewery will sell a bottle for say, $12 w/tax. The bottle shops will sell it for $12-14 + tax. I'm pretty sure the brewery is getting maybe $8 from the distributor, so they already make way more if they sell it in house.

Jester King sells it at store prices with tax. If you factor tax into it it should be a little cheaper. Not much. First I experience it it was at Spring House. Down here not many breweries sell beer to go (a few growlers not cans/bottles)

Don't compete with your retail partners; it's an idea to keep pull from outside the wall of the brewery than having to push.

Exactly. So they're not only making the difference from avoiding distribution, but charging what we'll call a surtax on buying it direct from the brewery. It's pretty damn fresh on the shelf as is, so they're effectively giving a reason for people to NOT stop by the brewery.

If it were my brewery, I'd charge the exact same as you want retailers to charge. No disincentive, no competition with retailers and you still get more revenue for every product bought direct from you. Win win win.

If it were my brewery, I'd charge the exact same as you want retailers to charge. No disincentive, no competition with retailers and you still get more revenue for every product bought direct from you. Win win win.

Yeah, this is what I was saying. Sell it for the suggested retail price. It prevents some gouging at shops, but doesn't steal their business. Selling it for more or less than what you want it to be on shelves makes no sense.

In PA, it is pretty common because a lot of the breweries have taprooms that are separate businesses so they can have different licenses. They have to sell their beer to the wholesaler, then the tap room has to buy it from the wholesaler, at the wholesalers marked up price.

Don't compete with your retail partners; it's an idea to keep pull from outside the wall of the brewery than having to push.

Exactly this. I worked briefly in the tasting room at Flying Fish in Somerdale and they were very careful with the pricing. You don't want to piss off your distributors and retailers by undercutting them.

And... I did some shopping this week.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1452301626.181657.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1452301644.433092.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1452301664.238147.jpg

And FYI for anyone that has BCBS coffee and barleywine, GI is offering a refund. I called them up today, gave them my address, bottle codes (not sure you need this) and told them the purchase price. They are supposed to send me a check, so we'll see. The call-in number is on the bottles. The hold time was a bit long, so be ready for that.

And FYI for anyone that has BCBS coffee and barleywine, GI is offering a refund. I called them up today, gave them my address, bottle codes (not sure you need this) and told them the purchase price. They are supposed to send me a check, so we'll see. The call-in number is on the bottles. The hold time was a bit long, so be ready for that.

Huh? What did I miss?

Bet not... You can tell GI you paid 19.99 for it.... They are at least worth that.

No one is going to risk a hard to come by beer on a possible good/"drifting taste target" bottle of BCBCS regardless if they will get reimbursed by GI.

Latest posts

Back