Tots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Love the tot!

• Yes

• Hell Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Most dogs don't like tater tots.

I don't take culinary advice from anyone who eats their own feces.

Bad dog! You're such a bad doggie! :mad: :)

thFB064R2S.jpg

th12FXQ4BD.jpg

Potato preference? Tots are good with any sauce or dressing thick enough to not permeate the crevices, for example cheese food. If I have as gorgeous med rare steak that's extruding juices I want crispy shoestring fries. Right now I'm in a British pub food phase so I want shepherd pie all the time.

tater tots, or potato croquettes as they are called here are the most dissapointing version of a croquette.

You bite into them expecting a nice ragout of meat and gravy, instead you get piping hot potato mash....

Potatoes:
-fries, belgian style
-oven fried wedges
-new potatoes with dill and butter.

Croquettes:
-beef croquette
-"bitterbal"(dutch style, smaller with thicker gravy)
-nasi/bamibal(croquette filled with indonesian noodles or rice).

I took my kids to Burger King for a surprise breakfast on a day when they had no school. My elementary school ages spuds said they prefer the McD's unholy 'singular fried potato hash slab' to the King's glorious crowns. I don't know what to do but I think I am going to stop putting money into their college funds.

TACOS!!! If anyone ever makes it to San Diego, go to La Cuatro Milpas in Barrio Logan. Its hands down the best, most authentic taco you will get without going to Mexico

My San Diegan daughter and son-in-law are quite upset you put this on the internet. Apparently, this is a closely guarded local secret...

We'd have to be talkin' 'bout one charmin' motherf***in' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM4eBufL8Qk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Ya gotta love Arnold. He did have personality.

My wife and I tried out a fairly new bar/restaurant near us for lunch today. We tried an appetizer of tots with sloppy joe mix and shredded cheddar on top. Yum.

So, not only was it not chili cheese fries, it wasn't chili or fries. Was it even cheese?

I still vote for fried tots & biscuits, smothered in gravy for breakfast. I used to com in to work at Ford early enough to have that with coffee before starting my shift.

Yeah I remember having a similar breakfast when going to school. "hashbrowns" they called it. Delicious.

My San Diegan daughter and son-in-law are quite upset you put this on the internet. Apparently, this is a closely guarded local secret...

Closely guarded? Not quite. Every day the line goes down the street. And its been featured in tons of magazines and websites (buzzfeed, thrillist, etc.). So while its not Rubios, its not a speakeasy either. But I can appreciate the concern from your kids :D

Poutine is not made with tots. Chili cheese fries are not made with tots. I hope you didn't need anything out of this case, because it is closed.

Totchos are amazing. Tots are good. Other potato products are also good.

Word of note, if you are baking the frozen tots you can make them even crispier if you mist them with cooking oil or anti stick spray before putting in the oven.

Totchos are amazing. Tots are good. Other potato products are also good.

Word of note, if you are baking the frozen tots you can make them even crispier if you mist them with cooking oil or anti stick spray before putting in the oven.

you, sir, are my hero

Types of fries:
Shoe string
Regular
Crinkle
Steak
Waffle
Batered
Chili cheese
Poutine
Fries
Baked
Frozen
Fresh cut
Homemade

Types of tater tots:
Half frozen little Chihuahua turd shapes made of scraps swept off the floor and globbed together with school glue. Does anyone even make homemade tater tots? Right.

Man you really live in a ****ty place (Maybe even worse than Texas) if you only have frozen tots available to you. And glue? Tryin' too hard bae.

Types of fries:
Shoe string
Regular
Crinkle
Steak
Waffle
Batered
Chili cheese
Poutine
Fries
Baked
Frozen
Fresh cut
Homemade

Types of tater tots:
Half frozen little Chihuahua turd shapes made of scraps swept off the floor and globbed together with school glue. Does anyone even make homemade tater tots? Right.

How the feck are fries a type of fries?

And poutine, chili cheese etc are not a type of fry, that's a fry with something added ontop of it.

Then you have regular, homemade, fresh cut, frozen...not exactly specific types of fries either. What's next, McDonalds, Burger King, Red Robin all being individual types of fries?

:confused:

Back