too little priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use the Coopers priming tabs stuff. Just open each bottle, add according to directions to each bottle (maybe reduce it a bit depending on how much priming sugar you used already), then recap it.

How long since yeast pitch did you bottle? Open one bottle, it there a little pppfffffffftt? If so leave them alone. My aim is to make draught ale in bottles, ie minimum gas pressure. I ferment 7 to 10 days then bottle with NO priming sugar, turns out fine.

Give it time. Sometimes beers take 3-4 weeks in bottles (or 5 or 6) to carb up properly.

Or just enjoy as is ... lots of styles, especially British styles, are generally better with less carbonation. I'm finding myself even starting to like my IPAs served like that.

Or just enjoy as is ... lots of styles, especially British styles, are generally better with less carbonation. I'm finding myself even starting to like my IPAs served like that.

I with you on that.

Back