Too late for cinnamon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made some "Southern Sweet Cider" yesterday, and once I got it into the carbot and pitched the yeast, I realized that I forgot to add the cinnamon when cooking the honey, molasses, etc.
Its been 12 hours and its going crazy!
Heres my question; is there any way to add cinnamon to this during fermentation?, or should I just let it roll?
I don't want to take a chance screwing anything up, but if possible I'd love to get some in there!
Thanks! :mug:

I've added cinnamon during fermentation, just a little or it can get overwhelming.

What would happen if i steeped a couple of cinn sticks in a cup of AJ and added that to primary? Seems like that would be the most effective yet least invasive way to get some in there...

It doesn't matter- cinnamon is a spice and won't contaminate your cider. By the way, I don't heat sugars either, like honey, except to get them warm enough to dissolve. Heating destroys the delicate flavor and aroma of honey.

I agree with yooper 100%. The only time I would heat sugars is when I'm making a caramel sauce. I think you could add the cinnamon at virtually any point, including the secondary.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Home Brew mobile app

Back