Too early to drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalloweenGod

Reaction score
I brewed at APA on Jan. 15th and had it in the primary for 1 week, S.G stayed at 1.011 for 3 days before I placed in secondary on the 22nd. I wasn't thinking and I dry hopped right away. Its been a week now since then and I no that you shouldnt dry hop more then 10 days. I plan on kegging and force carbing it but was thinking I might take the hop bag out and let it sit more. THoughts?

I brewed at APA on Jan. 15th and had it in the primary for 1 week, S.G stayed at 1.011 for 3 days before I placed in secondary on the 22nd. I wasn't thinking and I dry hopped right away. Its been a week now since then and I no that you shouldnt dry hop more then 10 days. I plan on kegging and force carbing it but was thinking I might take the hop bag out and let it sit more. THoughts?

Do a double dry hop. Take out your current dry hop bag, let the beer age for a week or two more, then add more dry hops in a second bag. I did this with a SNPA clone and it smells and tasted awesome at bottling time.

Back