To perlick or not to perlick?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyK

Reaction score
We're replacing the factory draft tower on our kenmore kegerator and upgrading from a single tower to a dual tower. Is the entra cost of perlick faucets worth it? Any recommendations for who had the best price for towers, what brands to avoid, etc would be appreciated.

Absolutely worth it. One of the best purchases I have made since I started brewing. I've not had one stuck faucet since I starting using these about 18 months ago.

Yes, get the Perlick forward sealing faucet. There are times when you want to go cheap, but this isn't one of those times.

There is no question, Perlick all the way. You'll never look back. Trust me, I'm "frugal" and it's the best money I've spent on equipment so far (besides on the rest of my kegging set-up).
Good luck!

I am a cheap, cheap individual. I wash dry yeast. Almost all of my brew equipment is scavenged from someone else's leftovers or absolute clearance sales. I used a cobra tap for years because I was too cheap to buy a faucet. I still don't have a drip tray. I just use a cookie sheet under the fridge door. But when I did buy a faucet, I bought Perlicks. They are worth it.

I have a handful of Ventmatics and I love those, but when I added another tap I was disappointed to see that you cannot get them anymore. So I looked around and decided to get a Perlick 525SS, and much to my surprise I like the pull on the Perlick much better than the Ventmatics.

I recommend you spring for them now, rather than upgrade your faucets later like I did.

I am a cheap, cheap individual. I wash dry yeast. Almost all of my brew equipment is scavenged from someone else's leftovers or absolute clearance sales. I used a cobra tap for years because I was too cheap to buy a faucet. I still don't have a drip tray. I just use a cookie sheet under the fridge door. But when I did buy a faucet, I bought Perlicks. They are worth it.

THAT is a hardcore homebrewer! You are my new freaking hero man! :rockin:

+1 on the Perlicks. If you are sanitation nut, drop the extra $$ on the 425SS's. The nozzle comes off for easy cleaning. Also lets you get these which are very cool and nice.

Back