to any one with a converted pin lock corny...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeLordBrewing

Reaction score
could you please do me a favor and measure the distance from the bottom of the keg to the top of the hose connection??

I have read that the the distance from top of the collar and bottom of a pin lock is 22" and 9" diameter but wanted to see how much more room the hose connections take up. Does the in and out connections both have the same height???

I am pretty much attempting the impossible lol putting a one keg, kegerator together out of a 2.7 cubic foot mini fridge.

the interior dimensions are exactly 25" tall and 8" from hump to door. If a converted pin lock is 22" (or maybe 23"-24" with connections) that might give me some room to work with. and as far as diameter goes i know I can gain 3/4" of an inch from removing the door panel and removing 1/2" of material from the hump (I am pretty sure there is foam between the plastic and metal frame of the compressor I hope ::crossing fingers::) that should give me ample room for 1 keg. I have dabbled with fiberglass too so I could easily make a patch panel if needed.

I'm pretty sure you can purchase low-profile pinlock disconnects for less than the cost of converting the keg to ball lock.

ah crap.. wait, you talkin bout a ball lock converted to a pin lock aren't ya?

ah crap.. wait, you talkin bout a ball lock converted to a pin lock aren't ya?

I've never heard of any reason anyone would want to do that, usually people convert the other way (because the ball lock connections are more common/interchangeable), plus you get shorter kegs with shorter disconnects. I think the question is: this guy has a tiny fridge he wants to put a keg in, so he's wondering if the shortest possible keg configuration (pin lock keg body with ball lock disconnects) is short enough to fit. EDIT: the biggest problem is probably going to be the diameter.

troub hit the nail on the head! sorry if my explanation made it harder to understand.

Found a complete keg kit from Cornykeg.com of a coca-cola keg fitted with ball lock connectors, and manual pressure release valve, the website reads 22" tall 9" diameter (23" with ball lock connectors I am hoping it is referring to the hose connections) but also learned of these connectors from another member http://morebeer.com/view_product/18272/102293/Ball_Lock_Gas_In_Stainless_-_Flared

the kit comes with the converted keg, dual gauge regulator, CO2 tank, all needed hoses, clamps, picnic tap, and ball lock connections (not the other ones listed ^ but might not need em if the standard connections don't measure above 25" from bottom of keg) for about $207.00 shipped to my place good deal or keep shopping? or if you know of something cheaper??...do we get any discounts from vendors being a premium member??

also found a 5 lbs Co2 tank $20.00, and regulator $30.00 on craigslist but waiting to see if its a dual gauge and if the tank is steel or aluminum. And I imagined it passed pressure checking as places are required by law to confiscate and destroy if they fail.

yes my biggest issue right now is diameter but I can do some awesome things with a dremel tool lol!! I need to gain a minimal of 3/8" and I plan on removing material from the compressor hump (interior side) to do so. here is my build up of it so far.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/kegerator-build-hopefully-i-didnt-just-waste-50-00-a-304142/

I have a converted pin lock. Its 22" tall by 9" wide. I use the connectors that have the screw on barb. With the connector on it measures 22&7/8" tall to the flat top of the connector, but when you factor in the barb, its around 23&1/3" tall with the hose on the barb.

Thanks scsnick!! that is exactly what I was looking for!! and that still gives me 1"+ to work with awesome!!!

No problem. I'm sure you will have plenty of room height wise. As far as depth wise, have you thought of attaching a small collar between the door and the fridge? I have seen a few on here done like that.

Edit: nevermind. I see from your other post that you have already started on a collar. Good luck!

Back