time to plant now what

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmanshane

Reaction score
ok so my rhizomes should be there this week. I think I have everything ready to rock and roll. im am attaching a couple pictures let me know what you think and give me any suggestions please....

20150313_192801.jpg

20150314_175805_resized.jpg

20150322_155322_resized.jpg

20150329_154158.jpg

Is'nt hazardous to put your setup that close of your power line ?!? Just a thought, I am not an electrician...

Plus you risk your hops to grab your wire and grow on it.

not too worried about it I will address the issue when and if it comes to be a problem. I have no other place to put them in my yard so that's how it has to be. I will be trying to focus them away from it. still have to get the twine up

I wouldn't be too worried about the power lines unless the hops start coiling around it AND you don't have a tall enough ladder. You could do a screweye in your top post with wire going up and then back down to try and help you guide the growing bines down away from the power line.

Looks good. I am not sure where you are but if you get a freeze in the winter you might want to sink the grow boxes into the soil or cover them up really well with mulch.

Latest posts

Back