Three gallon wine kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlossMan

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find 3 gallon wine kits? Pretty much everything I've found is either 6 gallon or 1 gallon. I am interested in making cabernet sauvignon and merlot.

Anyone know where I can find 3 gallon wine kits? Pretty much everything I've found is either 6 gallon or 1 gallon. I am interested in making cabernet sauvignon and merlot.

There are a few 3-gallon kits, but those are "special" wines, like orange chocolate port or something like that.

Everything else I know of in a kit comes in 6 gallon sizes. Six gallons is 30 bottles, and is a nice size to have if you can do it.

I have been doing the 6 gallon kits but hoisting the bottling bucket from the floor is hard on my bad back. That's why I was hoping to find something smaller like a 3 gallon kit.

I have been doing the 6 gallon kits but hoisting the bottling bucket from the floor is hard on my bad back. That's why I was hoping to find something smaller like a 3 gallon kit.

I know what you mean, and I have the same trouble (I'm a middle aged 135 pound weakling). I thought about getting a pump, and will probably do that someday, but for now I often use three gallon carboys (those plastic ones from Better Bottle with the handle are great for short-term wine aging), and just split batches in half. It means two carboys to degas instead of just one, but I can shake it by the handle, since it's on the side. Just a thought, if you still want to do good quality kits but can't lift a 6 gallon glass carboy full of wine as easily as a young person.

I can relate to back pains from lifting, bending over to bottle and so forth, about 4 years ago I started looking into pumps and came across the All In One Wine Pump not only did it fit my budget, but it had over 56 pages of positive reviews on another wine site.
The pump exceeded my expectations, not only do I rack (no more heavy lifting) with it, I can bottle both beer and wine, I can filter, and for the kit wine makers, you can degass in minutes!
The customer service is great, and they are always available to explain and/or talk you through any questions that you may have, this is one of the best purchases that I've made.
Do yourself a favor, check them out.

Back