This lady needs help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabeth420

Reaction score
What sucks more is my dude has this app and I really really hope he don't see this! But he is a super home Brewer but I don't know what to get him for xmas?! Help me please he has a lot of **** already even a Kegerator but what else will he need ? Or can I get him please pleas help lol private msg if possible thanks happy brewing everyone

Unless you provide a list of what he has, this is a tough one. A gift card to Morebeer, or a recipe kit, are the two things I can think of.

This is truly an easy one.

Pick his favorite beer. The one he drinks or brews the most, or if you know of something he has been talking about trying, and get him the ingredients to brew that beer. Head to your local home brew shop, where they probably know him, and they'll probably be happy to hook you up.

Also, depending on what your budget looks like, upgrade a piece of his equipment that he already has. For example; I have an old cooler that I converted to a mash tun. If he has one like that, look at the Ss Brewing Technologies stainless steel mash tuns. They can get pricey, but they are awesome.

Hope this helps, or at least gives you some ideas! Merry Christmas !

Yep. Get him ingredients for his favorite brew or a brew he's been talking about or that one off mad scientist brew he just can't bring himself to spend the money on.

Or some books.

If you don't want to do a gift card, and don't want to actually ask him, take pictures of everything, post here, and state your price range.

my wife got me a custom 6 pack holder with a bottle opener on the side and my "brewery" name on the face. she gave it to me for Thanksgiving though. hahaa!!

That's an impossible request, I'm sorry to say. We have no idea what he has, wants, or needs.

No one can buy me a brewing gift, either, since I know my system and how many burners I'd need, what gear I need, what I already have, etc.

The only thing I can think of is if he doesn't have something basic, like a grainmill, that would be the thing to buy.

You could get him a subscription to the American Homebrewers association or Homebrewtalk.

Snore zzzzzz

Another option is a gift cert for his local homebrew store or an online vendor like adventures in homebrewing.

zzzzzzz

Does he have a grain mill. Having your own is great. Something he may not have. Buy a grain mill, a sack of malt and a gift cert combo.

Wow, how exciting!

Really hard to know without knowing his style of brewing or what he already has.

Perlick faucets for kegerator if he doesn't already have them is nice too. A drip tray, glassware. My SWMBO is getting me some IPA glasses.

I'm a total geek so I would love a set of narrow range hydrometers if I already don't have them.

Lots of things just depends on what type of brewer he is.

If you get more info, let us know. Happy to help.

Ok, I see the Stone Growler. Any chance youre from San Diego area? I could point out a lot of good brewing purchases for him here

Get him some cool tap handles for the kegerator -- either the whiteboard ones you can write on, or a beer he loves, or just something arty made by a local woodworker.

There was a guy on HBT who was selling tap handles made from motorcycle engine connecting rods. Is your guy into motorcycles?

how about a hug, because with a supportive dudette such as yourself, I am guessing he already has everything

As Yooper said early on, it's hard for anyone but him to know exactly what he wants or needs unless you're also very invested in it (in which case, you'd likely already know and presumably wouldn't be here asking the question).

I tell anyone who wants to buy me brewing stuff either something very specific that I need, or better yet, just get me a gift card to my LHBS. I know exactly what I need, what I have, what will work, what I don't want, and it's easier just to buy it right from the start than deal with returning something I don't want/need/can't use.

Kitschy beer-themed stuff is fun, but ultimately useless to me.

I guess what I'm saying, gift card to your local homebrew shop is hands down going to be your best, safest, and probably most useful bet.

Yeah we are in the process of getting a new place and obviously we can't move no where if it don't got a garage or some type of balcony lol c

I really need to started leaving all the computers around the house, open to this site.
Score:rockin:

Latest posts

Back